ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK-born child, EU mum, British passport app docs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

serenita
Newly Registered

UK-born child, EU mum, British passport app docs

Post by serenita » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi all,

Applying for a British passport for a UK born child when neither parent is a British citizen.

I am an EU citizen who has lived in the UK since 1982. My son was born in 2012.

What proof of my "settled status" should I send when I submit his passport application?

All advice appreciated, many thanks

MrSlyFox

Re: UK-born child, EU mum, British passport app docs

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Here is the guidance for children born to EEA Nationals: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Policy.pdf

Susan26
Newly Registered

Post by Susan26 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:00 am

I applied on form T1 as for my son which is for children born in uk living 10 year in uk at birh.i did not need to prove my status as this is based only on my son? I had to send prove (letters from nursery, his red medical book , I also as hirequest GP medical records since birth for the first 5 years to prove he was living in uk. All his school reports and pasports.This process is through registration. My s1st son I applied through passport I only need to provide 1 year prove as I was a qualified person. There are many diffident ways of aply lying is all depend on when he was born. Through the T 1 from which is through registration it all about the child. I recieved his letter confirm his application is wusses full with in 3 months, I was so very surprised how quick it was. I would say send as much imformation as possible. If you and him have perminante residance u can use form Mn1 after the u need to apply for british citizenship. So through the T 1 you skip the perminate residance appilcation and apply fro british citizenship. It is quicker but you must provide all the evidence they need . Hope this help

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

serenita wrote:My son was born in 2012.
Susan26 wrote:I applied on form T1 as for my son which is for children born in uk living 10 year in uk at birh.
Serenita's child is not yet 10.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Susan26
Newly Registered

Post by Susan26 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi sorry serenite hope my info would be help to others . :)