ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Vignette in Place of Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euscape1
United Kingdom

Visa Vignette in Place of Residence Card

Post by euscape1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I humbly request any idea on my topic.Basically,My EEA2 appeal was allowed in December,2016 and got my residence endorsement in January.While looking at various posts here regarding other EEA2 applicants,I realised most people receive 'Residence Card' while mine is a Visa Vignette on one of the leafs of my passport.

It is important to note that,on the vignette,it says'Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National'.Employment and Business Activities Allowed'.I can understand it equates the 'Residence Card' even tho it comes as a sticker on my passport,but I would like to know why I get the vignette and not a card?

Also,I am travelling with my EEA partner and would be touring about 4different European countries,is it safe to go without getting a Schengen visa knowing I will be with my son and partner all through the trip ?

I will appreciate any elaboration in this regard please?

Thanks

MrSlyFox

Re: Visa Vignette in Place of Residence Card

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:27 pm

You said you appealed your decision, If originally you applied prior 6th of April 2015 when the HO introduced biometric residence cards you will be issued the vignette as you would not have provided biometrics to be issued with a biometric residence card.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:05 pm

This post by the OP seems to suggest that s/he applied in November 2015 and that she submitted biometrics on 1st December 2015.

Is there an expiry date listed on the vignette?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Very good spot sercet.simon, I didn't think to check. Hmmm, I don't know then maybe it was processed by a different department i.e. post-decision team for example? Perhaps they still utilise the old vignettes?

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi,

Thank you everyone.Just a preamble of my journey,my first EEA2 application was in November,2014 after which I had been refused 2x before appeal (which was allowed in Dec,.2016).

The letter that came with the Visa Vignette indicates 'post decision team' in Sheffield.Hence,why I am keen to know the status of it.As I understand there is another HO office in Liverpool.

Can the good members also help regarding my second query? My visit to Europe with my family,do I need a visa still?What other documents should I take along incase of eventuality?

Thanks as I look forward reading from you all.

morgan56
Newly Registered

Post by morgan56 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 pm

euscape1 wrote:Hi,

Thank you everyone.Just a preamble of my journey,my first EEA2 application was in November,2014 after which I had been refused 2x before appeal (which was allowed in Dec,.2016).

The letter that came with the Visa Vignette indicates 'post decision team' in Sheffield.Hence,why I am keen to know the status of it.As I understand there is another HO office in Liverpool.

Can the good members also help regarding my second query? My visit to Europe with my family,do I need a visa still?What other documents should I take along incase of eventuality?

Thanks as I look forward reading from you all.

hey new comer.
i applied in February 2015 and refused appealed and got a visa sticker not the card, my that passport was near to expire and got new passport but always now have to keep old passport with me but this was same with the RC card as well, you had to keep the old passport with you while traveling on which the RC card was issued.

and you can visit Europe without visa if you are with your EU sponsor just keep all documents like marriage certificate with you.

euscape1
United Kingdom

Post by euscape1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:42 am

Thank you Morgan56.