ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of abode to the Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

puk
Newly Registered

Right of abode to the Uk

Post by puk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:40 pm

I sent an email to UKVisa with query how to apply for certificate of entitlement to the right of abode in UK that is the reply :

With regards to your query, for information on applying for Right of Abode
Certificate of Entitlement, please see the below link:

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply ... ntitlement

Alternatively, please visit https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa to see what
visa you may need and what the requirements are.

I am a British citizen by naturalisation and settled in Pakistan for last few years. Now I intend to return to UK with my kids and wife. My wife is a Pakistani citizen, will also apply for her spouse visa. I want to get certificate of entitlement to go into Pakistani passports of my two kids.I don't want to apply for their British passports, as I believe it takes longer to get.

But with links above I don't get an option for this,but only for applying different kind of visas.
Please help me with this regards

Thanks

MrSlyFox

Re: Right of abode to the Uk

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:53 pm

puk wrote: But with links above I don't get an option for this,but only for applying different kind of visas.

It's on the page under the heading"Apply from outside the UK"
Apply from outside the UK
You must apply online using the ‘Apply for a UK visa’ service.

A certificate of entitlement costs £472 outside the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
puk wrote:I want to get certificate of entitlement to go into Pakistani passports of my two kids.I don't want to apply for their British passports, as I believe it takes longer to get.

But with links above I don't get an option for this,but only for applying different kind of visas.
I think getting a passport would be better, It's much cheaper and I think it would be faster than getting a certificate of entitlement.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:16 pm

You need to make an account on "Visa4UK",
When filling it out choose the following:
Under select visa type:
Reason for visit: other
Visa type: others
Visa sub-type: right of abode certificate of entitlement

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:24 pm

puk wrote:I am a British citizen by naturalisation and settled in Pakistan for last few years.
Were the children born before or after your naturalisation?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:I think getting a passport would be better, It's much cheaper and I think it would be faster than getting a certificate of entitlement.
Applying for passports from India or Pakistan take 6 to 12 months to process as they are processed in the UK. CoE or RoA is much quicker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
MrSlyFox wrote:I think getting a passport would be better, It's much cheaper and I think it would be faster than getting a certificate of entitlement.
Applying for passports from India or Pakistan take 6 to 12 months to process as they are processed in the UK. CoE or RoA is much quicker.
Wow! That is a very long time. I thought all passport applications were processed in the UK and hence would all enter the same queue as domestic applications and be done within six weeks (maybe slightly longer with postage between Pakistan and the UK). Thank you for informing me CR001, I wouldn't have guessed it was so slow

edit: As CR001 said it takes at least six months - https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y ... d/pakistan

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:48 am

MrSlyFox wrote:
puk wrote: But with links above I don't get an option for this,but only for applying different kind of visas.

It's on the page under the heading"Apply from outside the UK"
Apply from outside the UK
You must apply online using the ‘Apply for a UK visa’ service.

A certificate of entitlement costs £472 outside the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
puk wrote:I want to get certificate of entitlement to go into Pakistani passports of my two kids.I don't want to apply for their British passports, as I believe it takes longer to get.

I think getting a passport would be better, It's much cheaper and I think it would be faster than getting a certificate of entitlement.
Thanks MrSlyFox for your kind response.
I will have to recheck which option is better and faster. I thought COE to right of abode is faster , but I agree it is not cheaper

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Thanks CR001 for your input. Any idea how long on average does it take to get COE decision if applying from Pakistan.

My kids were born after I got my British citizenship through naturalisation.

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:02 am

secret.simon wrote:
puk wrote:I am a British citizen by naturalisation and settled in Pakistan for last few years.
Were the children born before or after your naturalisation?
Secret.Simon , they were born after I got my British citizenship through naturalisation.

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello Moderators,
1.Could any one give me info on how long does it take to get a decision on your CoE to RIGHT OF ABODE if applying from Pakistan.

2. Which option is easier or better, CoE OR applying for British passport for my kids from Pakistan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:35 pm

CoE is more often quicker.

British Passport takes 6-12 months to process for applications from India and Pakistan. Have you missed these posts that were made regarding this :idea: :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:42 pm

CR001 wrote:CoE is more often quicker.

British Passport takes 6-12 months to process for applications from India and Pakistan. Have you missed these posts that were made regarding this :idea: :shock:

Thanks CR001for quick response, no Sir I did not miss any post regarding this matter, just wanted to be doubly sure which option is advisable and if someone could tell about the time frame on average it takes to process CoE from Pakistan, as you have mentioned about British Passport takes 6-12 months to process for applications from India and Pakistan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 pm

This link says India, but not sure if any PK once have been posted in there.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 9-160.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 am

CR001 wrote:This link says India, but not sure if any PK once have been posted in there.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 9-160.html
Thanks once again CR001 , yes the link has only posts related to applications made from India.
Still looking for answer on time frame from Pakistan on CoE applications. As I don't want to spend £472 on CoE instead of around £80 for a British passport , and end up waiting for 6-12 months as is the case with British passport application.

puk
Newly Registered

Post by puk » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,
Just want an expert opinion of using cash savings for sponsoring my spouse. My spouse have savings of £62500 held in her bank account in Pakistan for over 6 months.I guess that would be sufficient to meet the financial requirement of sponsoring her to UK. What will happen if the savings drop after the application, while the decision is in the process of being made?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:12 pm

puk wrote:Hi,
Just want an expert opinion of using cash savings for sponsoring my spouse. My spouse have savings of £62500 held in her bank account in Pakistan for over 6 months.I guess that would be sufficient to meet the financial requirement of sponsoring her to UK. What will happen if the savings drop after the application, while the decision is in the process of being made?
The funds must remain in tact until she at least gets the visa and enters the UK. HO can and do call the bank to verify the balance. They can also ask for proof of where the funds originated from.
Char (CR001 not Casa)