ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Fiancee Visa Process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cblpah
Newly Registered

UK Fiancee Visa Process

Post by cblpah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:21 pm

I apologize beforehand if this has a very obvious answer.

I am a US citizen and my fiancee is a UK national. Currently I am in the US and plan on submitting an application for the UK fiancee visa.

Visa materials aside, from my understanding, I need to submit an application online, schedule an embassy visit to submit the documents again in person, and then I await the decision. Am I correct in thinking this? Am I only allowed to select an embassy appointment after I submit the application?

I would greatly appreciate if someone gave me the online step-by-step, thanks for your time!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Fiancee Visa Process

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm

cblpah wrote:I apologize beforehand if this has a very obvious answer.

I am a US citizen and my fiancee is a UK national. Currently I am in the US and plan on submitting an application for the UK fiancee visa.

Visa materials aside, from my understanding, I need to submit an application online, schedule an embassy visit to submit the documents again in person, and then I await the decision. Am I correct in thinking this? Am I only allowed to select an embassy appointment after I submit the application?

I would greatly appreciate if someone gave me the online step-by-step, thanks for your time!
Is the financial criteria passed?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cblpah
Newly Registered

Re: UK Fiancee Visa Process

Post by cblpah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Yes, the financial criteria is met. I am not worried about the application materials; I am a bit confused by the online process itself and wanted some guidance.