ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside UK while Naturalisation in process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashehzi

Travelling outside UK while Naturalisation in process

Post by ashehzi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I applied for naturalisation on 22 Nov 2016 for myself and my family. I did biometrics in early December 2016. It is now 3 months. I applied through NCS Redbridge using JCAP service.

We intend to go to Pakistan around mid March for my sister wedding. Since we have ILR biometric cards and our Pakistani passports, I guess it is safe to travel and enter back to UK on those cards, assuming we don't hear anything from Home Office before we leave.

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling outside UK while Naturalisation in process

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Yes, you are free to travel.

You are only British AFTER you have attended your ceremony, not when you get approval letter. Not sure how long you are going for, but you need to be mindful of the time frame within which you need to book your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 am

Hi,

Thanks, I understand.

I am going away for a month max but I will have some one check my posts.

Regards.

Jas2013
Newly Registered

Post by Jas2013 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:29 am

You can divert your post to your friend place , who can book ceremony on behalf of you.

ashehzi wrote:Hi,

Thanks, I understand.

I am going away for a month max but I will have some one check my posts.

Regards.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 am

If you applied in redbridge. You can verify online whether your application approved or not.

1) Go to Redbridge council website and quote your name and ref number on the Biometric invitation letter.

If your details are popped up then your application was approved, And you can call coucil from your home country and book an appointment with in 90 days time frame.

This is a trick my friend used. This might be helpful to you.

Regards,
Suresh

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

haiksuresh wrote:If you applied in redbridge. You can verify online whether your application approved or not.

1) Go to Redbridge council website and quote your name and ref number on the Biometric invitation letter.

If your details are popped up then your application was approved, And you can call coucil from your home country and book an appointment with in 90 days time frame.

This is a trick my friend used. This might be helpful to you.

Regards,
Suresh
Are you referring to Citizenship Ceremony Online appointment where it asks you HO reference number, first and last name? That is a good catch but how can it be same council? I live in Essex and ceremonies happens in Chelsmford, so may be worth checking on Chelmsford website rather than Redbridge as I chose Redbridge for the reason of JCAP NCS service.

Regards.