ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 legal guardian financial requirement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 legal guardian financial requirement

Post by Seeker111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello everyone,
I need advise on this situation please.
Student living in pakistan, age 20, can fulfill the tier 4 general financial requirement by submitting his brother as legal guardian who resides in singapore and use his brother bank statement as proof of finance?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 legal guardian financial requirement

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Yes, but only if a court has appointed the brother as his legal guardian, and he has original evidence of that as stipulated in the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, page 53:

a Court document naming your legal guardian(s). The document use must be the original legal document or a notarised copy

If they cannot provide this, the brother must transfer the sponsorship money to the student first, so the student can show they have it in their own name.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Any information on how to become legal guardian of your younger sibling.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Seeker111 wrote:Any information on how to become legal guardian of your younger sibling.
That is not an immigration matter. Nor do I understand why a 20-year-old man living in Pakistan wants or needs a legal guardian at all, let alone one who lives in Singapore.

Again, if it is about the brother being the the financial sponsor, I advise the brother pays the tuition fees direct to the institution, and that he transfers the first year's maintenance to the student. Problem solved.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Seeker111
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks for the advice.