ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Naturalisation questions

Post by claraluh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:37 pm

CR001 wrote:No. The referees cannot be related to you or to each other. See page 10 and 11 of the AN Guide.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf
Hi CR001, I have some quenstions and was wondering if you might be able to help me. First is: My two referees are one a Mediator (community) and the other is a Duty Manager (from a very large VAT registered company) The mediator is the one who also signed my passport application. DO you think it is ok?
Second is: How can I show I was physically in UK on the same date 5 years ago? I'm applying tomorrow 24th, and I was in UK in 2012, I haven't even travelled in that year, but I don't have any letters dated 24th, I have a P60 of year 2012-2013, is that going to be enough? And I have a home office letter of 2012 as well.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation questions

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:08 pm

It is considered rude to tag your questions onto other members' topics. I have split your post.

If the mediator is registered with the relevant professional body for mediators, then fine to be a professional referee. Other one should be fine.
Second is: How can I show I was physically in UK on the same date 5 years ago? I'm applying tomorrow 24th, and I was in UK in 2012, I haven't even travelled in that year, but I don't have any letters dated 24th, I have a P60 of year 2012-2013, is that going to be enough? And I have a home office letter of 2012 as well.
Not sure if you are EU citizens or not as you don't say. If not, then passports are sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to sound rude.

I am a non EU, But I only have passports from August 2012 as the older one was lost, I have a police report though but not from Feb, and I have copies of the first page of my first passport and the page with my first resident visa which also has two other stamps from leaving london and entering back for 2 days when I went to Paris in 2009. I have also letters from AAT dated 2011 and as I mentioned before I have a P60 2012-2013. I hope that might suffice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 pm

P60s and payslips for the period you don't have a passport should suffice plus the evidence of lost passport etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:01 pm

CR001 wrote:P60s and payslips for the period you don't have a passport should suffice plus the evidence of lost passport etc.

Wow, what a relief, Thanks a lot for giving me peace of mind. I also have a letter from my manager saying I have been in the company since April 2010 on a full-time permanent basis.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Yes, send that too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 am

Sorry, one more question, do I need to take a pre-paid envelope when applying through NCS?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

No. NCS will send it on your behalf.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 pm

CR001 wrote:No. NCS will send it on your behalf.
Thank You again!!

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Hello, it's me again :?

I sent my application through NCS on the 24th. I was checking the timelines now for Feb and one member mentioned his fee was charged and then his passport fee was charged. My question is, I didn't know I was supposed to pay both fees by Debit Card, so when filling up the fee form I only put the amount £1236, and my passport fee I paid by Postal order, because I followed what it said on this booklet that comes with the passport application.

Do you think that is going to be a problem?

My NCS agent didn't mention anything, I told her that was the fee for the passport and I wrote at the back the ref number for the JCAP that was on the sticker she put in both forms.

I hope it will be okay!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm

It should be ok. There is a fee pay leaflet in the passport booklet on the last page.
Char (CR001 not Casa)