ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help please appeal withdraw and Ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janazaif
Newly Registered

urgent help please appeal withdraw and Ilr

Post by janazaif » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:57 am

Hi everyone
I am very confused, consulted many lawyers and also called home office but still no clue.
My husband is in UK since October 2005 and I came in 2010 I was student and then got Psw, my husband was also student but became my dependent when I was on psw. I applied for student visa again in 2014, I got visa but my husband got appeal which is in process meanwhile my husband will complete 10 years on 1st October.
My questions are
1) do we need to wait for the confirmation letter from the court after withdrew the appeal and do we need to attach it with ilr application?
2) does he will have 28 days after withdrawn appeal (3C &3D confusion) or have to apply on same day when receive confirmation from the court?
Which date will be considered for withdrawal?
Can he go for premium service?

Some people are saying that for withdrawn appeal there is no time limit of 28 days and you would become overstayed straight away. What do you suggest for us what is best and safe. Please help with authentic information I already wasted much money by consulting lawyers who are also confused. Thanks in advance.

Obie
Ireland

Re: urgent help please appeal withdraw and Ilr

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:56 am

He can apply immediately for premium service once there has been confirmation of the withdrawal. .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 am

I would suggest that once 10 years of legal stay has been completed withdraw the application and go for the ilr.

Sohan201214
Newly Registered

Post by Sohan201214 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

I have the same situation, Can someone please guide me through. I have met 4 lawyers and they have all given me different opinion. I have completed my 10 Years long residency and my appeal is pending since april 2016. (I have done my ECS check every 6 months and i have legal right to work and live)

My question: can i withdraw my appeal and submit a long term residency application(10 year route). Do i get 14 days to submit an application after withdrawing the appeal?
one lawyer said i should go for premium service and withdraw it at the window/counter , one said i should withdraw in the morning by Fax and go for the pre booked appointment later in the afternoon, one said i should wait for the letter from the court first and then go to the pre booked appointment, one said to wait for the hearing to come and raise this to the judge at the time of hearing but this may take another 10-12 months.
so i am not sure what should i do , if i submit an application, would i still be allowed to work whilst the application is getting processed.
can somebody share their experiences or guide me through.

Sohan201214
Newly Registered

Post by Sohan201214 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:01 pm

janazaif wrote:Hi everyone
I am very confused, consulted many lawyers and also called home office but still no clue.
My husband is in UK since October 2005 and I came in 2010 I was student and then got Psw, my husband was also student but became my dependent when I was on psw. I applied for student visa again in 2014, I got visa but my husband got appeal which is in process meanwhile my husband will complete 10 years on 1st October.
My questions are
1) do we need to wait for the confirmation letter from the court after withdrew the appeal and do we need to attach it with ilr application?
2) does he will have 28 days after withdrawn appeal (3C &3D confusion) or have to apply on same day when receive confirmation from the court?
Which date will be considered for withdrawal?
Can he go for premium service?

Some people are saying that for withdrawn appeal there is no time limit of 28 days and you would become overstayed straight away. What do you suggest for us what is best and safe. Please help with authentic information I already wasted much money by consulting lawyers who are also confused. Thanks in advance.
Hi ,
can you please help what happened with your application. any information would be helpful as i am in similar sort of situation.
Regards,