ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation refused on Language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Naturalisation refused on Language requirement

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:59 am

zunera mahmood wrote:
UKBALoveStory wrote:
zunera mahmood wrote:I'm positive I ticked section 1.22...as it was doUbley checked with the NCS Lady too ..twice. .so I'm pretty sure about it and I even submitted my English certificate along with it ..
I have the same case as yours but I applied on 22nd December and still waiting for the outcome. Lets see what I get and will let you know once I get anything...
All the best for your application " UKBALOVESTORY"
Please keep me updated...did you apply under the JCAP Scheme. .and have you done with biometrics. .

Thanks
Regards
Zunera
Nope, it was not under JCAP Scheme n yes i have done my biometrics on 19th Jan.
See this thread for the detail discussion when I asked the same question.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1284034

Also, before my application, I confirmed (by email) from three different councils and all three confirmed it is ok to apply with the same certificate (I emailed them my certificate copy)
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Sumatiya
Newly Registered

Post by Sumatiya » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:20 am

Hi to all my case is exactly as urs...b1 test is only valid till Nov 2015 after this all English test r verified online case worker r now looking selt English test certificate that can verify only
I don't knw why my case refused but as information I got from others I have shared with u today I'm fighting for my case n will let u know in full details once I get clear response

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks for the update ...and I hope and pray that your case gets solved. .and you get your British citizenship ...
I'm pretty sure it must be a human error that your application is rejected ..cuz seeing all the responses here from other members and plus I called up the home office people a couple of times to confirm this ..and they all said it's OK to apply with the current certificate we have. ..
So I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that are application gets successful. ..
A whole lot of money ,time and stress is involved. .

All the best dear and keep us posted ..
zunera

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 am

Hi,
My application was approved today and I have the same case as yours so IMHO your refusal was a mistake. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to reply.

Thanks
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:02 am

UKBALoveStory wrote:Hi,
My application was approved today and I have the same case as yours so IMHO your refusal was a mistake. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to reply.

Thanks
Congratulations ukbalovestory. ..and I wish and pray that all our applications are approved too. .
I'm quite relieved as I have also applied with the old English language test and ticked on the option of English language requirement satisfied as applied for ILR after september 2013..
So hoping for the best now...

Thanks for sharing. ..
zunera

Sumatiya
Newly Registered

Post by Sumatiya » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Thanx for reply ... I have wrote to them n filled NR reconsider form for this hope I get positive response. Any 1 know what's the waiting period on NR reconsider application ?

SheetalKumari1985
Newly Registered

Post by SheetalKumari1985 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi,

Just to let you know that I contacted my MP and home office before our (my wife and myself) application with NCS today.

MP response and home office clarified that my wife does not need to re-sit for new English test as ESOL (B1) from Execdel (Pearson) was accepted during her indefinite leave to remain in 2014.

I also enclosed the responses with my wife app. Today with a covering letter explanation the situation.

Hopefully everything will be fine.

Sandy_surrey
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy_surrey » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:27 pm

After waiting for more than 1.5 months , finally I got below reply from home office , which is of no use for me as I have already applied by doing English test from Trinity.
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for the email and I apologise for the delay in responding.

From 12 November 2015, only Secure English Language Tests (SELT) taken at secure test centres will be accepted for settlement and nationality purposes. Other English language qualifications can no longer be used for these purposes.

If you are seeking to apply for indefinite leave or naturalisation and need to demonstrate your English language ability with an English language qualification, you must arrange to take a Secure English Language Test at the test centre that is most convenient for you.

Candidates who require a SELT under the new arrangements can book via these links with immediate effect:

·         www.trinitycollege.com/SELT

·         http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_inform ... _ukvi.aspx

In the majority of locations, tests will be available within 28 days, often more frequently. Customers will be required to take specified identification on the test day and the test centre will check and record their identity. Customers will be provided with an electronic reference number which, if they have passed the test, must be used for their indefinite leave or naturalisation application.

The difficulty of the tests has not changed. The environment and governance of the test has changed and improved to provide the security and assurance needed.

It is essential that we ensure the same levels of assurance and security for English language tests taken throughout the immigration system and that those seeking permanent residence meet the same standards as temporary migrants. To ensure that the needs of all those applying for settlement or naturalisation is met, the new Secure English Language Test system includes specific tests suitable for meeting the English language requirements at those stages.

Qualifications regulated by OFQUAL and recorded as ESOL qualifications on the OFQUAL register of qualifications, or regulated by SQA in Scotland, cannot be used to support a settlement or naturalisation application made on or after 12 November 2015.

Regards

Xxxxxx

Central Correspondence Team

Customer Service Operations

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 pm

My (Nat) has been approved with old expired IELTS that was used to obtain ILR. :D
There are few other approvals of members with expired IELTS.
No need to do new test :lol:
*The gravity*

fez56
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Language requirement

Post by fez56 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my application for naturalisation on the 12th August 2016 with my application I have sent off all the relevant documentation as requested in form but unfortunately at that stage I didn't had copy of my trinity college B1 English language test certificate as I only passed the test few days before the application on 10th August 2016 so I used the booking ref on the application and sent alone with hand written confirmation pass from trinity college. so could someone please let me know is there any point sending them the hard copy of the certificate and will this delay my application or even rejection.

Many thanks in advance
Fez

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 pm

The requirement is to include with form AN a copy of your certificate and you enter the unique reference number on form AN. If you used NCS they should have picked up on this. The pass slip is provisional only. I would have waited a few days to receive the actual certificate. It couldn't harm to send a certified copy now, but I couldn't tell you whether they return or reject the application.
Best not to rush the AN application ....

kariz01
Newly Registered

Post by kariz01 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:11 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:
UKBALoveStory wrote:Hi,

Thanks
Congratulations ukbalovestory. ..and I wish and pray that all our applications are approved too. .
I'm quite relieved as I have also applied with the old English language test and ticked on the option of English language requirement satisfied as applied for ILR after september 2013..
So hoping for the best now...

Thanks for sharing. ..
Did your application get approved?