ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:04 pm

Yes, I received another verification call. They talked to the concerned person and also with me :-)

immaad

Re: hi.

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Through a friend, and I also called the embassy today, they confirmed it.
jimmymcad wrote:Thank you Immad,

And you are right Immad, gerry's just know when the passport come at their door and they call you after that, your passport has arrived, please come and collect.

How did you confirm unofficially that a decision has been taken..

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:10 pm

In my opinion, it is not important to send all experience letters, just send your current letter.
softlogic20 wrote:Hello All,
Can you give your openion on "should we mention our previous employer while applying for EC or not?"
the problem is my Ex company closed down last year and i am working in current Company since last 2 years.
what you suggest should i mention about that company or not?
( might be it is possible that i can get document of Company clouser from compnay offcials. i am not sure if i will able to get it)

Regards,

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks Immad and Jimmy,
i have experience letter of closed company so i think it wont be a problem.
well Immad can you plz share details of verification call to you and your employer? like what sort of questions they asked to you and to your employer? if they talked to you at the same time when they called your employer or they called you on your cell phone number?

and any other information that you think could be help full for other members.
Kash

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 pm

They called my finance manager and by chance I was also near him. They asked him to give me the phone. He asked me my DoB, designation, job description, father and mother's name.

saby

Post by saby » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:10 pm

immaad wrote:Wait bro, you should receive a call after 5 more days.
saby wrote:I checked with the previuos employers, bank and universities. They havent called yet. Today was 10th working day of my applications. I think it will be finalized after elections.
My current employer recieved a call today. CEO was available and they talked with him. He said I dont remember the exact salary which I draw and administration/finance person is not available but I can tell you its in x range and he has been working with us since july.

I thought it went quite well but as he couldnt tell exact amount so I hope they call again OR I hope its enough. No call yet to any previuos employer (for wihch I had claimed earnings from). Lets see if they call them tomorrow or not.

Whatever

no reply yet

Post by Whatever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:30 pm

my status is the same...i checked with the bank...they said they havent received any verifications calls...i called 0512012901 numerous times in the last few days but the no. is always engaged...i get a voice message...i only got thru twice in the last few days...& after asking quite a few questions...the guy told me that the application was in process & that thats all they can tell...asked his name...but he said...that names cannot be told due to security reasons... :-)

i didnt chk with my employer...m trying to keep it low profile...

I have also sent the embassy 3 faxes asking for the status & weather i can get my passport back by next week...but no answer...

GERRY's guy did tell me that the educational docs go to HEC for verification...i think due to elections n all...the machinery at HEC would be slower than usual [whats the slower of slow? :-)]....which is why its taking longer these days...

I also think i made a mistake by not getting bachelor's degree verified from HEC...it could have saved processing time...at the time i thought a UK NARIC letter along with the degree would be enough...but i realised that a UK NARIC letter doesnt verify the degree as being fake or real but gives an equivalence againts a certain equivalance criteria.....

2ndly i thk if payment is done in cash (PKR 200/- cash handling fee per applicant)...it could save time too...because the bank drafts...should take 3-4 working days to clear...n they dont start on an application until the payment clears...

These are just my thoughts...i mean i m guessing here...in the light of events...

Immaad/Saby: since the employer's have got verification calls..it should not be long now...since verification from employer seems to be the last thing on their list of things to do...b4 stamping the visa...u shud hear from them soon....all the best...

did you guys request for a post-dated visa stamp?

what r your plans after arriving in UK? any job search? which field/profession? Any response from recruiters?

regards,

Whatever

protector stamp

Post by Whatever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:57 pm

any news/updates on the protector stamp requirement for HSMP...?

hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=22463 (replace x with t)

shakeelahmadch

Post by shakeelahmadch » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:54 pm

hello guys -

i just submitted my documents for HSMP today - handed over to TCS - hopefully they would be with HSMP team in next 5-6 days.

My claimed points are:

Education: 30
Past Earning: 30

I am from Lahore & IT Professional, graduated from Pak-AIMS (IMS).

Any one knows how much time TCS takes and how soon the deduct the fee - i used my US bank account debit card - now fingers crossed - lets see if they don't have any issue with that.

my documents are as follows:

INDEX FOR HSMP:

Form Section:
1. Payment Slip Cover Letter
2. HSMP Payment Slip and Form

Qualification Section: (Points Claimed: 30)
1. Qualification Section Cover Letter
2. Original Academic Degree
3. Academic Transcript
4. UK NARIC Equivalence Letter

Previous Earning Section: (Points Claimed: 30)
1. Previous Earnings Section Cover Letter
2. Salaried Employment Summary Sheet
3. Employer Salary Certificate
4. Salary Slips (Stamper/Signed)
5. Original National Tax Number Certificate
6. Company letter for tax given from July 2006 till June 2007
7. Income Tax Return till June 2007 (Filled Electronically)
8. Acknowledgment of Income TAX Return Submission
9. Bank Statement

Age Section: (Points Claimed: 20)
1. Original Driving License

English Language Section:

1. Cover Letter for English Language Section
2. Letter from Institute confirming the medium of instruction of bachelors degree is English
3. Original Academic Degree (Included in Academic Section)
4. Academic Transcript (Included in Academic Section)

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Good luck shakeel, you will hear good news soon. Keep us posted.

immaad

Re: protector stamp

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm

The update is to get it on your passport before leaving :-)

Whatever wrote:any news/updates on the protector stamp requirement for HSMP...?

immaad

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:01 pm

I wonder if there were other details too, may be not. They talk to the finance manager usually.

saby wrote:
immaad wrote:Wait bro, you should receive a call after 5 more days.
saby wrote:I checked with the previuos employers, bank and universities. They havent called yet. Today was 10th working day of my applications. I think it will be finalized after elections.
My current employer recieved a call today. CEO was available and they talked with him. He said I dont remember the exact salary which I draw and administration/finance person is not available but I can tell you its in x range and he has been working with us since july.

I thought it went quite well but as he couldnt tell exact amount so I hope they call again OR I hope its enough. No call yet to any previuos employer (for wihch I had claimed earnings from). Lets see if they call them tomorrow or not.

immaad

Re: no reply yet

Post by immaad » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Hello whatever, wait bro. I waited for one and a half months ;-) they never tell you when your case will be finalized, and they are very rude when asked again. Just call 0512012901 daily and ask the status once.

And the draft is quick I think since it is a recommended method.

My status on the website is now "collect your documents", let us see what happens. I am looking for an IT job and probably I will go soon.

Whatever wrote:my status is the same...i checked with the bank...they said they havent received any verifications calls...i called 0512012901 numerous times in the last few days but the no. is always engaged...i get a voice message...i only got thru twice in the last few days...& after asking quite a few questions...the guy told me that the application was in process & that thats all they can tell...asked his name...but he said...that names cannot be told due to security reasons... :-)

i didnt chk with my employer...m trying to keep it low profile...

I have also sent the embassy 3 faxes asking for the status & weather i can get my passport back by next week...but no answer...

GERRY's guy did tell me that the educational docs go to HEC for verification...i think due to elections n all...the machinery at HEC would be slower than usual [whats the slower of slow? :-)]....which is why its taking longer these days...

I also think i made a mistake by not getting bachelor's degree verified from HEC...it could have saved processing time...at the time i thought a UK NARIC letter along with the degree would be enough...but i realised that a UK NARIC letter doesnt verify the degree as being fake or real but gives an equivalence againts a certain equivalance criteria.....

2ndly i thk if payment is done in cash (PKR 200/- cash handling fee per applicant)...it could save time too...because the bank drafts...should take 3-4 working days to clear...n they dont start on an application until the payment clears...

These are just my thoughts...i mean i m guessing here...in the light of events...

Immaad/Saby: since the employer's have got verification calls..it should not be long now...since verification from employer seems to be the last thing on their list of things to do...b4 stamping the visa...u shud hear from them soon....all the best...

did you guys request for a post-dated visa stamp?

what r your plans after arriving in UK? any job search? which field/profession? Any response from recruiters?

regards,

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Immad

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:53 am

Best of luck to you....

immaad

Post by immaad » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Hello everyone, today I collected my passport from Gerry's. I have got the visa, thats God.

Thanks everyone for your moral support, especially JD who helped a lot in my docs.

shakeelahmadch

Post by shakeelahmadch » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:23 pm

can someone guide me regarding pickup of documents service ? how can we engage some service to deliver documents for me instead of UK POST etc..

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

thats great

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:37 pm

best of luck to you

Whatever

Post by Whatever » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Immaad: congrats on getting the EC...you are right...Gerrys dont know much...i 'll keep trying the BHC no....thx...n yes JD did start these threads...n they have helped a lot of people from our land...

about the protector stamp...let us know your experience of getting it...cuz both 'pkhsmp' & 'T_mahmood' have posted that they or their friends werent asked for the protector stamp...when they left on HSMP...
n also...an employement contract is listed as a requirment at the protector office...but with HSMP there is no employment agency involved...so i was wondering...if its really really required...i mean it will save a lot of hassle & Rs 5100/- if its not required on HSMP...

shakeelahmadch:
I had sent my documents via DHL. Fedex & TCS are the other 2 options. I have found TCS for UK to be slow...Both fedex & DHL are good...with DHL staff being relatively more cordial & helpful than Fedex...

For getting the docs back..its a good idea to engage a courier service...after all its your entire life in that envelope...!!!

if you send email to DHL pakistan on pkwebcust@dhl.com, they will refuse any HSMP doc collection from Sheffield, UK. Thats because they need to get the documents signed...n HSMP team dont sign anything while giving the documents to the courier pickup guy...they have mentioned this in the HSMP guidance...

so i emailed DHL UK & they agreed to have the documents picked up without the signature requirement...the email i got from DHL UK is given below...my plan was to pay online to book the pickup...but they will need a letter of authority from you saying that u dont need the sender to sign anything...its a legal thing...!...below mentioned email should help u...you would need to send an email to e-support@dhl.com

while i was in the process of doing this...i got the docs/HSMP approval letter back via regular mail..i calculated & it took HSMP team 7 working days to make a decision & dispatch the docs...it took 3-4 days for the docs to reach back...i was a little surprised i must say...

You can schedule to pickup your documents via DHL
Website for DHL pickup: www.dhlitnow.com

===============EMAIL FROM DHL=============================================
Without Prejudice
DHL International (UK) Limited
Unit 5, Argosy Road
East Midlands Airport
Castle Donington
Derbyshire
DE74 2SA
Tel: 08701 660 039
Fax: 01332 816 055
www.dhl.co.uk

Re: Collections from HSMP Sheffield

In order for DHL to collect from the HSMP office we will require you to send us a letter of Authority to e-support@dhl.com once you have made the booking online, quoting the 10 digit shipping AWB label number, any references and names required to enable us to collect and confirming that you are happy to accept collection from HSMP without a signature. Please ensure that your letter of authority is scanned to your email so that there is an original signature showing.
This will enable us to send details of the booking and letter of authority to the collection depot to ensure that the collection is as smooth as possible.

Regards

E-support Team
==============================================================

JD: ...let us know what ur experiences had been so far of going to UK...whats the job scene like n all..thx..

shakeelahmadch wrote:can someone guide me regarding pickup of documents service ? how can we engage some service to deliver documents for me instead of UK POST etc..

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Many Many Congerts Immad :)
after long waiting you got it :)
so when you plan to fly now ?
Kash

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:54 pm

hi

can someone tell me that income tax deduction certificate issued by the employer and NTN certificate are enough or we should give some other document regarding tax as well for EC

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hi.

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Tax return document given by employer and authorized by the Govt body is enough along with your 12 month wage slip should do. thats it. nothing else is required

stevehyd
Newly Registered

Post by stevehyd » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:16 pm

thanks for the reply jimmymcad

what do you mean by "authorized by the Govt body " as i sent my employer income tax deduction certificate and NTN for hsmp along with 12 pay slips and got approval

do i have to get my IT certificate signed from IT department as well?? currently it only has signature and stamp of my company accountant only

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

I see

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:20 pm

I thought you are inneed of it for the initial hsmp approval. thats good that you have your initial application approved.

In my case, i have obtained a tax return document which is authorized by the tax govt body, (in Pakistan, when you get the tax return document, you go to the income tax return department and they sign the document). Usually employers do it and give you. So that is sufficient with the 12 months pay slip. But if you have send your NTN document, that is good too.
FOR EC the documents you have are sufficient, no other documents needed for it. best of luck dude.

shakeelahmadch

Re: I see

Post by shakeelahmadch » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:43 pm

jimmymcad wrote:I thought you are inneed of it for the initial hsmp approval. thats good that you have your initial application approved.

In my case, i have obtained a tax return document which is authorized by the tax govt body, (in Pakistan, when you get the tax return document, you go to the income tax return department and they sign the document). Usually employers do it and give you. So that is sufficient with the 12 months pay slip. But if you have send your NTN document, that is good too.
FOR EC the documents you have are sufficient, no other documents needed for it. best of luck dude.

correct - you can file it online (like i did) on www.cbr.gov.pk - just matter of clicks and you'll get your ITR.

and thanks Whatever for clarification. I'll do the same.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi,

Don't forget to get a protector stamp on your passport before flying otherwise you'll be in trouble at pakistan airport departures.

You can get more info re protector from FIA or immigration cell of pakistan.

Re jobs in UK, jobs market is not bad here but you need to be very strong technically and theoratically in whatever field you are and upon all its luck that matters.

I'm here for 2 weeks now and had 3 interviews but no job yet.

First thing re job hunt is that register with as many recruiters as you can. Search on google for recruitment agencies in UK.

I may not be able to visit the forum frequently untill I get a job so if there is anything I can do for you guys just email me at jawadumar@gmail.com or my MSN ID is jawadumar@hotmail.com or my cell no is 0779 888 5396.

Best of luck!

Regards,
JD