ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain for a Non EEA Spouse of an EEA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

solex
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain for a Non EEA Spouse of an EEA

Post by solex » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I believe my husband wrote a message on this board a while back regarding my application to obtain an indefinite leave to remain in the UK but we had no response so far. Please help!

Basically, I am a Pakistani citizen & my husband is a Spanish citizen. He is excercising his EEA treaty rights and I am settled here as his non EEA dependant. We have been living together for well over 5 years and been married for 4 years and 6 months. We applied for my EEA dependant residence permit back in 2003 when we got married and I was given a 5 years residence permit. I have a couple of questions/queries if any of you could help us out:

1. Could I now apply for a PR/ILR as we have been living together for well over 5 years (8 months of which as unmarried partners & the rest as Married couples), we also have a son, who has a British passport as my husband was granted a PR in December 2006, as he has been in the UK for well over 8 years.

2. I was involved in a drink driving incident and was fined £160 + £50 costs, along with a 12 months ban (reduced to 9 months as I attended the rehab course). I was convicted of this drink driving offence back in November 2006. Would this conviction affect my application for PR/ILR?

Many thanks to all of you in advance.

Regards,
Saima

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain for a Non EEA Spouse of an EE

Post by thsths » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm

solex wrote:1. Could I now apply for a PR/ILR as we have been living together for well over 5 years (8 months of which as unmarried partners & the rest as Married couples),
Yes, I suppose you can, but you have to prove cohabitation for the time that you were not married. Did you have a shared bank account, for example?
2. I was involved in a drink driving incident and was fined £160 + £50 costs, along with a 12 months ban (reduced to 9 months as I attended the rehab course).
You have to declare it, but I don't think that this incident in itself is a reason to refuse the application.

Tom

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:47 pm

solex wrote:Hi everyone,

I believe my husband wrote a message on this board a while back regarding my application to obtain an indefinite leave to remain in the UK but we had no response so far. Please help!

Basically, I am a Pakistani citizen & my husband is a Spanish citizen. He is excercising his EEA treaty rights and I am settled here as his non EEA dependant. We have been living together for well over 5 years and been married for 4 years and 6 months. We applied for my EEA dependant residence permit back in 2003 when we got married and I was given a 5 years residence permit. I have a couple of questions/queries if any of you could help us out:

1. Could I now apply for a PR/ILR as we have been living together for well over 5 years (8 months of which as unmarried partners & the rest as Married couples), we also have a son, who has a British passport as my husband was granted a PR in December 2006, as he has been in the UK for well over 8 years.

2. I was involved in a drink driving incident and was fined £160 + £50 costs, along with a 12 months ban (reduced to 9 months as I attended the rehab course). I was convicted of this drink driving offence back in November 2006. Would this conviction affect my application for PR/ILR?

Regards,
Saima
1. the 5 years does not depend on ur living together, it depends on ur time spent in UK since u moved to UK and were granted a residence permit.

2. the drink drive will not have any affect on ur case bcoz it is not within the serious public policy, national security sphere.

3. sharab pina buree baat hain!!

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:35 pm

solex wrote:Hi everyone,

Regards,
Saima
It would certainly have a bearing on your naturalisation application, if you plan to make one in the future..

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 pm

["Liberal Immigrant"]

3. sharab pina buree baat hain!!

:lol: agreed

I hope this teaches some lessons.

Do Not Drink & Drive
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.