ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trainer
Newly Registered

Please Help !

Post by trainer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:12 pm

I am non eea PR card holder in UK. I am divorcee from the first marriage and getting married to the girl I am in love with. The girl is living in and citizen of non eea country. I do not have any proof of us living together as I was in living in UK but we were in touch through the skype and Phone and spent time together when I visited her. I would like to know if I get married to her in a non eea country, Can She apply for visa and come here as my wife. My income is more than £ 22,000 (the required amount to invite your partner to UK). I will be thankful for the replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Help !

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Once married, apply for a spouse settlement visa. Submit evidence of marriage, all communication and your divorce decree. Spouse need English A1 test if not from an exempt country.

Do you have proof of your income with 6 months payslips and bank statements?

Do you have adequate accommodation?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

trainer
Newly Registered

Post by trainer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:39 pm

CR001 wrote:Once married, apply for a spouse settlement visa. Submit evidence of marriage, all communication and your divorce decree. Spouse need English A1 test if not from an exempt country.

Do you have proof of your income with 6 months payslips and bank statements?

Do you have adequate accommodation?

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

So I would get married to the girl in non eea country and then apply for spouse settlement visa for her even though I am not citizen of UK.

Yes I have Payslips & bank statements for last 6 months.

I am living in Double bedroom flat but it is rented accommodation.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:43 pm

A spouse settlement visa is for someone married to a person who has ILR/PR or is British.

If you hold Permanent Residence, then yes, this is the visa you apply for.

Accommodation should be fine and you will need a letter from your landlord. If you rent a room in a house/flat share, you will also need a property inspection report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

trainer
Newly Registered

Post by trainer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:49 pm

CR001 wrote:A spouse settlement visa is for someone married to a person who has ILR/PR or is British.

If you hold Permanent Residence, then yes, this is the visa you apply for.

Accommodation should be fine and you will need a letter from your landlord. If you rent a room in a house/flat share, you will also need a property inspection report.

Thanks again for the reply.

Just want to know for how long this visa would be valid and would she be able to work on this visa.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Initial visa is for 33 months. After 2.5 years, she must apply for an extension for another 2.5 years and meet ALL the requirements again.

She will be allowed to work but is cannot claim benefits.

She also has to pay the immigration health surcharge which is £600 for the first visa plus the visa fee of £1195. The second visa or extension will be £500 plus the visa fee applicable at that time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

trainer
Newly Registered

Post by trainer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:57 pm

CR001 wrote:Initial visa is for 33 months. After 2.5 years, she must apply for an extension for another 2.5 years and meet ALL the requirements again.

She also has to pay the immigration health surcharge which is £600 for the first visa plus the visa fee of £1195. The second visa or extension will be £500 plus the visa fee applicable at that time.

Thanks very much for the Kind Reply

Cheers !

trainer
Newly Registered

Post by trainer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:10 pm

trainer wrote:
CR001 wrote:Initial visa is for 33 months. After 2.5 years, she must apply for an extension for another 2.5 years and meet ALL the requirements again.

Thanks very much for the Kind Reply

Cheers !

Just a last question this time

once she get spouse settlement visa, I hope it is not compulsory for her to work as long as I am working and she would get extension on her visa even though she is not working. If we decide to have a baby, would I have to pay for the hospital expenses separately. I am not paying for my medical as we all pay just for national insurance.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:12 pm

She does not have to work if she doesn't want to.

A child born in the UK to a person who has PR is automatically British. No need to pay for the NHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

trainer
Newly Registered

Post by trainer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:18 pm

CR001 wrote:She does not have to work if she doesn't want to.

A child born in the UK to a person who has PR is automatically British. No need to pay for the NHS.

Thanks a ton !!!

Cheers !