ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the 5 year residency card AFTER Nov changes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anon87
Newly Registered

Applying for the 5 year residency card AFTER Nov changes

Post by anon87 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:57 am

I am completing my husbands ukrc application today. I am the British Citizen.

We were granted a FP permit through Surinder Singh route which expires this month.

I am briefly aware that since Nov there has been some changes and as a result the British Citizen needs to be working and evidence of the same needs to be supplied. I am working, which is fine. However I was expecting a section in the application form, asking about my work information but I haven't seen anything or anywhere asking about my work but know is definitely something they ask! any ideas?

Are there any more changes which I do not know about, which I Should be including in my application?

I have completed the following sections as directed in the application (application is called EEA (FM)

- biometrics page
- section 1 (applicants details)
- section 2 (your sponsor)
- section 4 (About your app, your relationship to your sponsor)
- section 5 (spouse or civil partner)
- section 9 (family member of British citizen - surinder singh cases)
- section 19 (personal history)
- section 20 (documents and evidence)
- there is a heading stating here 'proof of sponsor is/was a qualified person' is there where I just supply evidence of work in the U.K. without completing any sections about it? Seems abit random or is this relating to your eu host country?
- Section 21 - Declarations

I have a few queries also with some of the sections I have completed, and was wondering if anyone could advise:

Section 9- Asks about what the British Citizen was doing during any period of not working or being self employed in the EU state. I must provide proof for this
I lived in Spain for 3 years and worked there for 6 months and due to issues with my manager we both decided not to extend my contract after the 6 months.

I looked for work several months after through online agency websites but didn't have much luck.I applied to a few jobs via LinkedIn which maybe I can still see and provide as proof but otherwise I don't have anything to use as proof.

Is it okay to be honest and say I did the above and didn't have much luck and due to my husbands well paid permanent job I was self sufficient? I also did have health insurance whilst in Spain. Would that impact my application negatively, if i was to mention the above?

General- When giving reason for wanting to move back to the UK?
is it sufficient to be honest and say due to wanting to be closer to family

Finally, does anyone know where I can get or have any sample cover letters they used that can be used for applying after the changes made in November?

I appreciate any help, as I don't want to submit an application to later be told it's wrong or I need to provide more information and risk delaying things further

Thank you all in advance

anon87
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for the 5 year residency card AFTER Nov changes

Post by anon87 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Anyone??