ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Database has no record of my arrival in 1997

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flanker

Home Office Database has no record of my arrival in 1997

Post by flanker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:59 pm

I received my SAR in the post today.

I am a non-visa national.

I was granted a 2-year student visa when I arrived at the airport in Sept 1997 to start my undergraduate degree. However, the SAR document shows that the Home Office computer database has no record of me landing in the UK in Sept 1997 to start my undergraduate degree.

I left the UK for 3 weeks in 1999 and returned before my first visa above expired and was granted a new visa of 3-years (also at the airport) for a postgraduate course. According to the database, this entry was recorded as "1st Landing".

I intend to apply for ILR under 10-year rule based on my first arrival in Sept 1997. However, their computer database does not have any record of my arrival in 1997.

I am guessing they don't do computerised record back in 1997, hence my entry was not in the system? Can someone verify this?

The stamps on the passport for both visas are very clear.

Am I OK to go ahead?

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:02 pm

My first landing was in early 1998 and that was in their computer records along with a photocopy of my landing card.

ci07jjs

Re: Home Office Database has no record of my arrival in 1997

Post by ci07jjs » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 pm

flanker wrote:I received my SAR in the post today.

I am a non-visa national.

I was granted a 2-year student visa when I arrived at the airport in Sept 1997 to start my undergraduate degree. However, the SAR document shows that the Home Office computer database has no record of me landing in the UK in Sept 1997 to start my undergraduate degree.

I left the UK for 3 weeks in 1999 and returned before my first visa above expired and was granted a new visa of 3-years (also at the airport) for a postgraduate course. According to the database, this entry was recorded as "1st Landing".

I intend to apply for ILR under 10-year rule based on my first arrival in Sept 1997. However, their computer database does not have any record of my arrival in 1997.

I am guessing they don't do computerised record back in 1997, hence my entry was not in the system? Can someone verify this?

The stamps on the passport for both visas are very clear.

Am I OK to go ahead?
There should be a homeoffice reference number on the visa stamp? is it different to the recent visa(s)?

flanker

Post by flanker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:09 pm

There should be a homeoffice reference number on the visa stamp? is it different to the recent visa(s)?
The reference numbers on the 2 visas are different.

The reference number on the second visa (granted in 1999) also appears in all my subsequent leave to remain stamps after 1999.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 pm

It doesnt matter they dont have a record of your landing, the stamp in your passport is sufficient.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi

I entered in 1998 and they dont have my landing card either. REALLY is the stamp in the passport and other proof such as certificates sufficient ?

Some immigration officers MIGHT be a bit harsh and refuse the application because of the missing landing card.

What other solution is there ?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:48 pm

I concur with SYH, your stamp is sufficient. My first visa in 1996 wasn't on the screen grab in the SAR either but the lady seem satisfied when she keyed in the reference number on the first visa.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi

Your stamp is the main evidence of your arrival and time you spent in the UK. I am not even sure if they accept any other form of evidence except for your passport. Make sure you keep all your passports, even old and expired.

All the best

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Jeff Albright wrote:Hi

Your stamp is the main evidence of your arrival and time you spent in the UK. I am not even sure if they accept any other form of evidence except for your passport. Make sure you keep all your passports, even old and expired.

All the best
Its a shame they want to see your passport to grant your ILR. What difference does it make weather they identify you with your reference number or the passport? I mean what would someone do if their old passport is damaged/lost!!!! Can the home office see this from a harsh perspective?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:51 pm

ci07jjs wrote:

All the best
Its a shame they want to see your passport to grant your ILR. What difference does it make weather they identify you with your reference number or the passport? I mean what would someone do if their old passport is damaged/lost!!!! Can the home office see this from a harsh perspective?
I see nothing harsh in a country expecting to see your passport to determine your entry date.

noush
Newly Registered

Post by noush » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:49 pm

SYH wrote:
ci07jjs wrote:

All the best
I see nothing harsh in a country expecting to see your passport to determine your entry date.
yes but what if the home office kept your passport from years ago and have not returned it to date?