ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my Turkish wife apply for Irish Naturalisation?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jamie912
Newly Registered

Can my Turkish wife apply for Irish Naturalisation?

Post by Jamie912 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi all,

This is a tricky subject so thanks to anyone who can help me out on it.

I live in Northern Ireland and hold both a UK and Irish passport. My wife is from Turkey, and she has been living with me for the past 4 years first on a 'Partner of a British citizen' visa, then on a Further Leave to Remain visa, (which includes a biometic residency card).

My question is, since I hold an Irish passport, does she qualify for Irish Naturalisation, even though she has been living on the island of Ireland on British visas?

On the 'Form 8' it states she needs to provide,
'A copy of your current Immigrant Registration Card issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) or the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) as appropriate (this does not apply to EU/EEA citizens).'

Obviously she doesn't have this, as she has had British visas/residency card.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? or can anyone direct me to a service that could help me?

Thanks.
Jamie

Tullynagardy
Newly Registered

Re: Can my Turkish wife apply for Irish Naturalisation?

Post by Tullynagardy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Got your pm but this board is weird. Wont let me PM and blocks me posting if im not on a vpn.

Anyway in a word yes.

My wife got her approval 2 weeks ago, she applied just 3 months ago. The form is set up entirely for RoI so just ignore bits that dont fit NI. I sent a copy of her British visa instead.

Youll need a document from PSNI to confirm criminal record also.

Good luck

Jamie912
Newly Registered

Post by Jamie912 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Wow this is great news!

So just to confirm. Your non-EEA wife lived for more than 3 years in Northern Ireland on British visas. But you were able to successfully apply for Irish nationalisation?

I know this may be asking too much but could you please explain the process and the paperwork you submitted? I'm scared that because she has no PPS number, no GNIB number and no person I'D number, all required on the Form 8 application.

Thanks for your help. If you used a service in Northern Ireland could you recommend.

Thanks

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Tullynagardy wrote:Got your pm but this board is weird. Wont let me PM and blocks me posting if im not on a vpn.

Anyway in a word yes.

My wife got her approval 2 weeks ago, she applied just 3 months ago. The form is set up entirely for RoI so just ignore bits that dont fit NI. I sent a copy of her British visa instead.

Youll need a document from PSNI to confirm criminal record also.

Good luck
Your wife applied 3 months ago? Gosh that was fast! I applied start of October and I just got my second stage letter on saturday. Would you mind sharing your timeline for your wife's application! I'm hoping mine is sped up so I can get to the April ceremony!