ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flrm when main applicant applied ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Flrm when main applicant applied ilr

Post by Imdesi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Mu husband has applied for ilr on 1st feb on lr 10 year route. He was on tier 1 general self employed. As we know ho is taking time on getting back on ilr decisions at times a year... i would like to know what would happen to my flrm application applied on 2nd feb. As i have got biometric appointment but my husband haven't heard anything back since application.. will my application decision will too be on hold until they make decision ln my husband's application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flrm when main applicant applied ilr

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:22 pm

Your application will only be decided once your spouse is granted ILR. If spouse's ILR fails, your FLR(M) will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:27 am

Imdesi wrote:Mu husband has applied for ilr on 1st feb on lr 10 year route. He was on tier 1 general self employed. As we know ho is taking time on getting back on ilr decisions at times a year... i would like to know what would happen to my flrm application applied on 2nd feb. As i have got biometric appointment but my husband haven't heard anything back since application.. will my application decision will too be on hold until they make decision ln my husband's application.
HI

It all depend on the caseworker whether he will hold your application or not. Chances r slim as HO wants to make immigrants life more miserable.

One possibility is that they will send your application back and give u 10 days to apply under flr fp otherwise they will invalid your flr m application as your husband is not settled on the date of your flr m application.

Do u have kids??

Why your husband didn't choose premium service to get same day decision? Bad decision taken by him in my view. Any problem with his previous years tax returns?

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Imdesi wrote:Mu husband has applied for ilr on 1st feb on lr 10 year route. He was on tier 1 general self employed. As we know ho is taking time on getting back on ilr decisions at times a year... i would like to know what would happen to my flrm application applied on 2nd feb. As i have got biometric appointment but my husband haven't heard anything back since application.. will my application decision will too be on hold until they make decision ln my husband's application.
HI

It all depend on the caseworker whether he will hold your application or not. Chances r slim as HO wants to make immigrants life more miserable.

One possibility is that they will send your application back and give u 10 days to apply under flr fp otherwise they will invalid your flr m application as your husband is not settled on the date of your flr m application.

Do u have kids??

Why your husband didn't choose premium service to get same day decision? Bad decision taken by him in my view. Any problem with his previous years tax returns?

We don't have kids. We were late on a couple of things
So weren't getting premium appointment dates. He doesnt have tax issues. Is ho taking time for ilr lr applications too?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Postal ILR applications can take many months. Did both of you submit your applications before your Tier 1 G & dep visas expired?

What 'couple of things' were you 'late on'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 pm

CR001 wrote:Postal ILR applications can take many months. Did both of you submit your applications before your Tier 1 G & dep visas expired?

What 'couple of things' were you 'late on'?

Yes we applied 4 days before it got expired. My husband was waiting on sa from hmrc and a couple of letters from his accountant. We didnt know what the scenario was really. We tgought it easy as it had been couple of years back during extensions.
So we started late with application requirements.

We have mentioned in my form about my husband's ilr application and royal mail reference number will it still be a problem
Last edited by Imdesi on Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Long residence applications don't require extensive supporting documents. Your husband will also not be exempt from scrutiny by HO due to self employment on Tier 1 General.

You should have submitted your applications at the same time or submitted yours once you had reference number for his application. Did you write a covering letter with your FLR(M)? How will HO cross reference your application with his ILR one if you did not have his application reference number?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm

CR001 wrote:Long residence applications don't require extensive supporting documents. Your husband will also not be exempt from scrutiny by HO due to self employment on Tier 1 General.

You should have submitted your applications at the same time or submitted yours once you had reference number for his application. Did you write a covering letter with your FLR(M)? How will HO cross reference your application with his ILR one if you did not have his application reference number?
We have mentioned in my form about my husband's ilr application and royal mail reference number will it still be a problem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 pm

You should have written a letter asking HO to consider your application once your husband ILR one has been granted and providing all his personal details and passport/BRP information.

FLR(M) is sent to a difference department to ILR LR applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Imdesi wrote:
CR001 wrote:Long residence applications don't require extensive supporting documents. Your husband will also not be exempt from scrutiny by HO due to self employment on Tier 1 General.

Again its all depend on the the caseworker.

Technically your husband is not settled when u applied for flr m. Be prepared to receive a letter about invalidation of flr m but they will give u 10 days to vary it to FLR FP. What r the chances of flr fp success??again depend on caseworker. In my wife case they grant her 2.5 years leave under partner route but after my kids MN1 approval.

I am not trying to scare u but be prepared for the worse.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm

CR001 wrote:You should have written a letter asking HO to consider your application once your husband ILR one has been granted and providing all his personal details and passport/BRP information.

We did that as well but they still sent the letter to vary flr m to flr fp in 10 days as sponsor is not settled (sponsor ILR application pending) otherwise they will invalid flr m application.

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
CR001 wrote:You should have written a letter asking HO to consider your application once your husband ILR one has been granted and providing all his personal details and passport/BRP information.

We did that as well but they still sent the letter to vary flr m to flr fp in 10 days as sponsor is not settled (sponsor ILR application pending) otherwise they will invalid flr m application.

What happens if they invalid application

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Imdesi wrote:
Route to ILR wrote:

What happens if they invalid application
U will become overstayer. But don't let that thing happen. I am very confident that they will give u 10 days to vary it to flr fp.

Hope and pray that they hold your flr m application until your husband get ILR approval. There r some cases where they did this but again it depends on the caseworker.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi

Have u received your biometric?

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Hi

Yes

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Imdesi wrote:
Route to ILR wrote:
Hi

Yes
Interesting. It means they accept your flr m application and now its up to the caseworker whether he will hold your application or not. if he in not holding it until your husband ILR application decision than they will refuse your flr m application. I don't think they will send u a letter to vary it to flr fp.

In my wife case they didn't send us biometric letter until we vary flr m to flr fp.

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Who can apply for flr fp

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:21 pm

Imdesi wrote:Who can apply for flr fp
The dependent but it will also only be successful if ILR is successful. It is not a magic ticket visa. Suggest stick with FLR(M) for now and wait to see what happens.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Imdesi
Newly Registered

Post by Imdesi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
The dependent but it will also only be successful if ILR is successful. It is not a magic ticket visa. Suggest stick with FLR(M) for now and wait to see what happens.

Yes thanks.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
If someone applies flr fp under partner route. Let say after husband/wife ILR, chances r very slim to get flr fp partner route visa specially when no kids involve. Because in the eyes of HO flr fp applicant is trying to bypass the flr m route.

In your case wait for HO next step. Keep us update.