ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Ceremony Passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashehzi

Naturalisation Ceremony Passports

Post by ashehzi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi informed,

I got naturalisation approved on 13-Feb and received approval letters on 25-Feb. Group Ceremony is booked by Essex County itself on 08-Mar. I hope to receive passports right after that as I applied through JCAP NCS Service.

I am flying on 17-Mar and I booked seats a month ago because I am going on near relative marriage ceremony. I want to know If I don't get passports by 16-Mar and If I fly on 17-Mar, will I be able to enter UK on ILR Biometric cards? I am asking this because changing seats is costly option for whole family and I don't have many days in between.

Any suggestions please?

Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Ceremony Passports

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 pm

ashehzi wrote:Hi informed,

I got naturalisation approved on 13-Feb and received approval letters on 25-Feb. Group Ceremony is booked by Essex County itself on 08-Mar. I hope to receive passports right after that as I applied through JCAP NCS Service.

I am flying on 17-Mar and I booked seats a month ago because I am going on near relative marriage ceremony. I want to know If I don't get passports by 16-Mar and If I fly on 17-Mar, will I be able to enter UK on ILR Biometric cards? I am asking this because changing seats is costly option for whole family and I don't have many days in between.

Any suggestions please?

Regards.
No, as in order to avoid a £1,000 fine you need to return the BRP within 5 days of attending the ceremony.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 pm

You are required to return your ILR BRP card to HO within 5 days of your ceremony. You will get a letter at your ceremony regarding this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks for the info.

So, what options do I have?

1. Change Airline Dates
2. Any way to expedite the process of receiving passports?

Regards.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 pm

ashehzi wrote:Thanks for the info.

So, what options do I have?

1. Change Airline Dates
2. Any way to expedite the process of receiving passports? No way to expedite.

Regards.
The processing time for the passport depends on how soon the Council notify the Home Office you have attended your ceremony and in then how promptly the HO notify HMPO.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks both.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:50 pm

I guess probably another option could be to ask County for Individual Ceremony and depending upon the availability of the staff can be done at the earliest.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:03 pm

ashehzi wrote:I guess probably another option could be to ask County for Individual Ceremony and depending upon the availability of the staff can be done at the earliest.
Yes
(Casa, not CR001)