ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa Extension refused due to Inappropriate Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadster22
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa Extension refused due to Inappropriate Salary

Post by saadster22 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi,

I have received a refusal of my Tier 2 visa extension application (from within the UK).

These are the facts of my case:

1) Date of application: 13th January, 2017.
2) Original Expiry of Visa: 17th January , 2017
3) Date of Refusal Letter: 16th February, 2017
4) Date of Receipt of Refusal Letter (from Royal Mail depot as it was Signed For): 24th February, 2017
5) Refusal grounds were on basis of appropriate salary.
a. Appropriate Salary for SOC 3545 Experienced worker is £32,500 for a 39 hour week.
b. The stated salary on my COS is £33,000 for a 40 hour week.
c. This stated salary equates to a salary of £32,175 for a 39 hour week.

My questions are as follows:
1) If I am to make a new application today (27/02/17), is it considered an “out of time” application or “in time” application?
2) If I were to go for an administrative review, and it subsequently got rejected, could I make a new application? Would this application be “in time” or “out of time”?
3) If I were to go for an administrative review, but then made a new application before a decision has been received on my administrative review, does this have any negative impact?

I would really really appreciate any advice given.
Thank you

ozayh.malik

Re: Tier 2 Visa Extension refused due to Inappropriate Salar

Post by ozayh.malik » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:23 pm

1) If I am to make a new application today (27/02/17), is it considered an “out of time” application or “in time” application?
It will consider the in time application because HO should have given you 14 days for administrative review. So, you can apply within that time period.
2) If I were to go for an administrative review, and it subsequently got rejected, could I make a new application? Would this application be “in time” or “out of time”?
If you would go for administrative review it will get rejected because according to the given pro rata your salary is not appropriate it should be 833.33/week but your salary is 825/week according to (33000/40)
3) If I were to go for an administrative review, but then made a new application before a decision has been received on my administrative review, does this have any negative impact?
I am not sure about that

The best thing is to apply for new application with new CoS with 33,000 for 39 hours/week

Thank you
Last edited by ozayh.malik on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:26 pm

ozayh.malik wrote:1) If I am to make a new application today (27/02/17), is it considered an “out of time” application or “in time” application?
It will consider the in time application because HO should have given you 14 days for administrative review. So, you can apply within that time period.
If you would go for administrative review it will get rejected because according to the given pro rata your salary is not appropriate it should be 833.33/week but your salary is 825/week according to (33000/40)
I am not sure about that
The best thing is to apply for new application with new CoS with 33,000 for 39 hours/week

Thank you
Please learn how to use the quotes function correctly as you should quote the OP not your answer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ozayh.malik

Post by ozayh.malik » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks @CR001. Will keep in mind next time.

saadster22
Newly Registered

Post by saadster22 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Ozayh.Malik

Thank you for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, a new CoS takes a few days to process, and I will probably only get it towards the end of this week (03/03/17).

The 14 day period you wrote about, does this start on:
1) The date of the letter (Feb 16th)
OR
2) The date it was posted (Feb 20th - this is the day the Royal Mail left me a note to collect from their depot as I needed to sign for it)
OR
3) The date I collected from the Post Office (24th Feb).

Also, how can I prove that I collected it on the 24th? Or will the home office have a record of this?

Thanks again for your help!

ozayh.malik

Post by ozayh.malik » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:58 pm

The date of the letter I think is that start date, not the date you selected the letter of posted the letter. I think you have 14 days to go for the administrative review and 28 days altogether to apply for the new application. Please check the policy guidance.