ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Application Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sean2606
United Kingdom

UK visit visa for Parents from Pakistan

Post by sean2606 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:45 am

Hi All,
Just need some help.
I am a British citizen and would like to invite my mum over from Pakistan for a visit.

My mum is a widow and lives alone. the property she lives in is on my sisters name who is a Canadian citizen although my mum has the Power of Attorney (was a cheaper option than to get the property onto my mum's name as my sister doesn't plan on going back to Pakistan).

My mum has some saving certificates from which she gets paid interest.

I have recently opened a UBL bank account in her name into which I send her maintenance money.

I had applied for a UK visa for her last year but was refused because of the following reasons:

I did not show proof that I was sending her maintenance money as I used to use MoneyGram previously and send it on my other sister's name who lives in Pakistan as it was easier for her to get the money instead of my mum. Hence I have opened a bank account in my mum's name.

We had not sent my mums saving certificates along with the proof of interest as she gets paid in cash that is a bit difficult to prove.

As the property is in my sisters name and my mum just holds the Power of Attorney we did not send it along with her application and was hence refused as we did not show that she had anything to go back to Pakistan to.

Although she had a valid Canadian Visa at the time of application as she had just returned back to Pakistan from a trip to Canada and previous visit to Italy, she was refused.

I am thinking of applying for her visa again. But would need some advise regarding a reason of return to Pakistan. How should I include the Power of Attorney and Saving certificates? Will they send the originals back? As I Had sent my original bank statements, P60 etc the last time and those we never returned.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: UK visit visa for Parents from Pakistan

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:21 pm

sean2606 wrote:Hi All,
Just need some help.
I am a British citizen and would like to invite my mum over from Pakistan for a visit.

My mum is a widow and lives alone. the property she lives in is on my sisters name who is a Canadian citizen although my mum has the Power of Attorney (was a cheaper option than to get the property onto my mum's name as my sister doesn't plan on going back to Pakistan).

My mum has some saving certificates from which she gets paid interest.

I have recently opened a UBL bank account in her name into which I send her maintenance money.

I had applied for a UK visa for her last year but was refused because of the following reasons:

I did not show proof that I was sending her maintenance money as I used to use MoneyGram previously and send it on my other sister's name who lives in Pakistan as it was easier for her to get the money instead of my mum. Hence I have opened a bank account in my mum's name.

We had not sent my mums saving certificates along with the proof of interest as she gets paid in cash that is a bit difficult to prove.

As the property is in my sisters name and my mum just holds the Power of Attorney we did not send it along with her application and was hence refused as we did not show that she had anything to go back to Pakistan to.

Although she had a valid Canadian Visa at the time of application as she had just returned back to Pakistan from a trip to Canada and previous visit to Italy, she was refused.

I am thinking of applying for her visa again. But would need some advise regarding a reason of return to Pakistan. How should I include the Power of Attorney and Saving certificates? Will they send the originals back? As I Had sent my original bank statements, P60 etc the last time and those we never returned.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Don't send any originals. U won't get it back, u already aware of that.

U made some huge mistakes when u applied first time. Not a big deal as we all do mistakes first time.

Send all the relevant documents photocopies plus a strong covering letter. Write another letter explaining the each refusal points and their answers why u could not provide the relevant documents when previously applied.

U mentioned in the last application that u send her remittances. if u r mentioning it again It depends on the ECO how he takes this thing, positive or negative.

U better know the reasons for her to go back. Properties, Business, job, siblings, children in home country. If u don't have any or very few of them than chances of refusal r greater.

Some selfish people abused the visit visa route, that's why UKVI r very strict these days. Even genuine visitors face problems to get visit visa.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you for your reply,

Do you think attested copies of the Power of Attorney and Saving Certificate would help?

Why do you think me sending remittances could be taken as positive or negative by the ECO. My mum does not work so relies on income from the saving certificates and the monies that we send her. As per the form they ask about income so the last time this is what I thought would be most suitable.

The other mistake that I had made is I forgot to mention that I have another sister in Pakistan and my mum looks after her lil one after school at that time I didn't think this would be relevant but have learnt my lesson.

I had sent a covering letter along with all my finances and as per their letter of refusal they were happy with my affordability but they did mention that we shouldn't apply unless her situation changes nor should we appeal.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:48 pm

sean2606 wrote:Thank you for your reply,

Do you think attested copies of the Power of Attorney and Saving Certificate would help?

Why do you think me sending remittances could be taken as positive or negative by the ECO. My mum does not work so relies on income from the saving certificates and the monies that we send her. As per the form they ask about income so the last time this is what I thought would be most suitable.

The other mistake that I had made is I forgot to mention that I have another sister in Pakistan and my mum looks after her lil one after school at that time I didn't think this would be relevant but have learnt my lesson.

I had sent a covering letter along with all my finances and as per their letter of refusal they were happy with my affordability but they did mention that we shouldn't apply unless her situation changes nor should we appeal.
Power of Attorney carries very little weight.

Brother they have 100's of reasons to refuse lined up if they r now satisfied that applicant will go back after his/her visit. This is all because of the people who abused the system previously specially visit visa route.

There is no appeal right against visit visa refusal.

Again depends on ECO that how they take your remittances. Negative impact is they will say oh your mother is financially dependent on u. So it is more suitable for both of u to live together in the UK. Some ECO's take it positive they knew this is our culture that we support our families back home.

Previously they were not really bothered about remittances or financial position of parents. But because people abused this route so much that now they r not believing us at all. And we can't do anything just to apply again and pay them new fees, which they care the most.

I know one guy in this board his mom visited uk twice and they refused her even though she has properties and rent coming from properties but ECO's said properties can be sold and money can easily transferred to the UK.

So now a days it's all about good documentation and your luck.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks again Bro,

I guess I will just have to take my chances and hope for the best as the main thing seems to be having property on ones name in Pakistan which my mum doesn't so will just include whatever I can with a covering letter and leave the rest in God's Hands. thank you so much for your much appreciated help.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello
Just another quick question.

If I do mange to get the property onto my mum's name how do I include this in the visa application as I can't send the originals since they do not return them?

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 pm

sean2606 wrote:Hello

If I do mange to get the property onto my mum's name how do I include this in the visa application as I can't send the originals since they do not return them?
Photocopies

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:22 am

Route to ILR wrote:
sean2606 wrote:Hello

Photocopies

Thanks for the reply.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello All,
I am about to reapply for my mum's visit visa to UK. Just a couple of questions.

1) Should I include a covering letter stating the facts she was previously refused along with the required documents and explanations that we are now sending in regards to the previous refusal OR should I include just a brief explanation in the covering letter to SEE FURTHER INFORMATION and include details in the further information box?

2) I am sponsoring my mums visit should I send my original documents (Payslips, P60, Bank Statements etc) or should I send photocopies as the originals were not returned last time.

Kind Regards

Sean

bansar01
Newly Registered

Post by bansar01 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm

You dont need to mention the previous refusal. Consider it as new application and explain anything you attatched one by one. Plus mention your mums previous visit to italy and canada. Write that she did all the expenses from her own savings and she returned home well within time. Like these kind of things. But mainly explain all the proofs you are going to attach.
Dont need to send P60 as payslips are enough to show your income. And bank statements. But in original. You dont need to worry about these 2 anyway so doesnt matter.

I got my mums visa 3rd time and thats the only time I submitted cover letter. Explained all the proofs i submitted. Where they came from and previous visits to any country and financial situation. It really helps ECO to understand your application.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:49 am

bansar01 wrote:You dont need to mention the previous refusal. Consider it as new application and explain anything you attatched one by one. Plus mention your mums previous visit to italy and canada. Write that she did all the expenses from her own savings and she returned home well within time. Like these kind of things. But mainly explain all the proofs you are going to attach.
Dont need to send P60 as payslips are enough to show your income. And bank statements. But in original. You dont need to worry about these 2 anyway so doesnt matter.

I got my mums visa 3rd time and thats the only time I submitted cover letter. Explained all the proofs i submitted. Where they came from and previous visits to any country and financial situation. It really helps ECO to understand your application.
Thanks for the reply bansar01

But isn't there a section in the online form where it asks if you have been previously refused a UK visa and for the reference number from the refusal letter? I am sure it would flag up on their system once they enter details of the applicant?
I wouldn't mind trying this route but just don't want the ECO thinking that we are trying to cheat them by lying about the previous application and refusal.

Please let me know what you think

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu May 11, 2017 3:28 pm

sean2606 wrote:
bansar01 wrote:You dont need to mention the previous refusal. Consider it as new application and explain anything you attatched one by one. Plus mention your mums previous visit to italy and canada. Write that she did all the expenses from her own savings and she returned home well within time. Like these kind of things. But mainly explain all the proofs you are going to attach.

Thanks for the reply bansar01

But isn't there a section in the online form where it asks if you have been previously refused a UK visa and for the reference number from the refusal letter? I am sure it would flag up on their system once they enter details of the applicant?
I wouldn't mind trying this route but just don't want the ECO thinking that we are trying to cheat them by lying about the previous application and refusal.

Please let me know what you think
U need to address each refusal point and give explanation why u couldn't provide relevant documents. if u provided them ans still got refused, explain them as well that u provided the documents but ignored or overlooked by last ECO.

if u dont mention refusal they will refuse your application as deception and ban for 10 years will impose.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:42 pm

U need to address each refusal point and give explanation why u couldn't provide relevant documents. if u provided them ans still got refused, explain them as well that u provided the documents but ignored or overlooked by last ECO.

if u dont mention refusal they will refuse your application as deception and ban for 10 years will impose.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Route to ILR. That's what I thought, my initial question was should I give the explanations in a covering letter or in the box that says 'further information that could help with your application'?

cheers

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu May 11, 2017 3:53 pm

sean2606 wrote:U need to address each refusal point and give explanation why u couldn't provide relevant documents. if u provided them ans still got refused, explain them as well that u provided the documents but ignored or overlooked by last ECO.

if u dont mention refusal they will refuse your application as deception and ban for 10 years will impose.
Thanks for the reply Route to ILR. That's what I thought, my initial question was should I give the explanations in a covering letter or in the box that says 'further information that could help with your application'?

cheers[/quote]

write a separate letter with heading "Last refusal points and explanation". In the application form give last refusal letter reference number.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:03 pm

write a separate letter with heading "Last refusal points and explanation". In the application form give last refusal letter reference number.[/quote]

Thanks once again

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Hello
Just need some help with filling in the application for my mum.
Under the section 'International Travel' it asks: How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years?

Australia
Canada
New Zealand
USA
Schengen area

So I have selected 2 to 5 times as my mum has been twice to Canada and once to Italy. But on the next pages it just lets me insert TWO of the most recent travels? Think the old visa4uk would allow you to insert all recent travel history. Should I mention Italy (as it was the oldest in the travel history) in the further info at the end of the form?

sean2606
United Kingdom

Visit Visa Application Help

Post by sean2606 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello
Just need some help with filling in the application for my mum.
Under the section 'International Travel' it asks: How many times have you visited the following places in the past 10 years?

Australia
Canada
New Zealand
USA
Schengen area

So I have selected 2 to 5 times as my mum has been twice to Canada and once to Italy. But on the next pages it just lets me insert TWO of the most recent travels? Think the old visa4uk would allow you to insert all recent travel history. Should I mention Italy (as it was the oldest in the travel history) in the further info at the end of the form?

Somerset West
Newly Registered

Re: Visit Visa Application Help

Post by Somerset West » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi sean2606, did your mother get the visa in the end?