ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr (o) extention to Flr FP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smir
Member of Standing
India

Flr (o) extention to Flr FP

Post by smir » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:14 pm

CR001 Sister if you can throw some light in my case

Husband and three kids all are British citizen

Wife visa was still pending but now judge allowed appeal.

Now I was made homeless so went to council, and council assisted me to reaccomodate and offered me flat and also advised me to claim HB as my salary was low otherwise I can't afford rent which I need to pay to council and so I did so.

When they issued documents it mr and Mrs xyz

I asked them that why you added my wife name ? They said don't worry your wife name is just in tenancy and we are not giving any HB in your wife name. But you are just claiming HB in your name and your wife is just part of family.
Now I am not council tenant, just council put me in Temp accommodation in privately rented property for which I pay rent to council and council pay rent to private landlord.

Now is this wrong ? Or it will affect me ? Clearly at time of homeless application i mentioned clearly that she is my wife.
My homeless application was decided on my ILR card, children birth certificates and wife's copy of passport (Pakistan).

Guide me please

CR001 wrote:
1: my partner claiming benefits as single parent ( as i am not allowed for any benefits) . she gets income support housing benefit and child tax credit.
This will be a problem. Tax Credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names. She is NOT a single parent if you are living there. HB department MUST be notified as your income will be used to determine what she is entitled to claim. Not informing the benefit departments that she is NOT single and claiming as a single parent is benefit fraud.