ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Until you get a Job

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Track101

Until you get a Job

Post by Track101 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 am

Hi,

I am planning to come to UK on HSMP next month. I am working in the IT sector currently.

If i work in odd jobs like a gas station or a supermarket until i get a job in my domain, will it affect the chances of getting HSMP Extension.

rsathish

Re: Until you get a Job

Post by rsathish » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 pm

HSMP means Highly Skilled Migrant - so I would try to act like one.

Look how the guys from S.Africa or Australia approach the job market when they come here on HSMP.

They prepare well for one month - provide all the work references, according to the profile / job spec, send a covering letter with the cv for EACH JOB saying why they are better-off than other candidates the Co. might be interviewing.

Trying to meet Consultants and discussing the job market, pay rise etc etc.. Build relationship with them and developing online networks.

One month and you can get a good job with a challenging profile and in a good Company. That's why Home Office is asking us to bring the money for initial support.

Don't think of working in Gas stations / McDonald's for heavens sake. Use that time to meet people. Remember, almost 75% of the jobs are not advertised. Also, keep reminding yourself the minimum amount to qualify for extn in 2 years ('Coz Age and qualification you can't change).

I would rather work in a decent company in India than in a mediocre Co. here. Set high goals and work towards that.
Track101 wrote: Hi,

I am planning to come to UK on HSMP next month. I am working in the IT sector currently.

If i work in odd jobs like a gas station or a supermarket until i get a job in my domain, will it affect the chances of getting HSMP Extension.

Track101

Hi

Post by Track101 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:06 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. "Its Bad for you" reply would have been fine. :lol:

Anyway thanks for the advice.

rsathish

Re: Hi

Post by rsathish » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Check this too...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=22876
Track101 wrote:Hi,