ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS withnout SELT for new TIER -2 (General) Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sravanmv
Newly Registered

IELTS withnout SELT for new TIER -2 (General) Visa

Post by sravanmv » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:26 am

Hello,

I have applied for Durham university to undertake PhD under Marie Curie Fellowship. Under this fellowship I will be recruited as a Early Stage Researcher in the university. Initially, I had been advised to undertake IELTS but not with SELT, as they wanted to take under Tier - 4 Visa. However, now, they are mentioning to take visa from on TIER - 2 (General) visa. They have sent COS and Maintenance letter.

However, for english eligibility, I have IELTS but with SELT, however, according to TIER 2 visa guidelines, they have nowhere mentioned IELTS without SELT is accepted. I want to know whether for applying new TIER - 2 visa, would the visa be approved if I apply with IELTS without SELT? or should I take IELTS with SELT again?

Please advice

Sravan MV

Kundan-Yadav

Re: IELTS withnout SELT for new TIER -2 (General) Visa

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:18 am

sravanmv wrote:Hello,

I have applied for Durham university to undertake PhD under Marie Curie Fellowship. Under this fellowship I will be recruited as a Early Stage Researcher in the university. Initially, I had been advised to undertake IELTS but not with SELT, as they wanted to take under Tier - 4 Visa. However, now, they are mentioning to take visa from on TIER - 2 (General) visa. They have sent COS and Maintenance letter.

However, for english eligibility, I have IELTS but with SELT, however, according to TIER 2 visa guidelines, they have nowhere mentioned IELTS without SELT is accepted. I want to know whether for applying new TIER - 2 visa, would the visa be approved if I apply with IELTS without SELT? or should I take IELTS with SELT again?

Please advice

Sravan MV
Hi Sravan,

I have just submitted my Visa application for tier 2 General Visa and I didn't know that I had to take a different IELTS for UKVI and I have just submitted the result of IELTS without SELT. But, I have submitted the UK NARIC letter (comparison of qualification and language proficiency certification) this should be considered by them if my IELTS is not acceptable rite..? Makes me nervous now... :(

sravanmv
Newly Registered

Post by sravanmv » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi Kundan,

As I understand from visa rules, UK NARIC Letter should satisfy the English conditions. Even I am thinking of applying for that if I don't get any information on IELTS without SELT.

How long it took for you to get your UK NARIC letter after application?

Regards,
Sravan MV

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Lets hope it works fine. I'll let you know once I get decision on my Visa application.

About the UK NARIC Letter..
I had received the email notification from them on the fourth day from the date of application that they have dispatched my letter by courier and it took another week to reach my address.

Thanks.
Kundan

sravanmv
Newly Registered

Post by sravanmv » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:35 pm

All the best for the visa. I guess it should be cleared with regards to English.

However, why did you put both IELTS and UK NARIC? As the requirements is either one.

Regards,
Sravan MV

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:45 pm

I also had similar situation , I only realised about SELT once online application done, than i realised its not valid so quickly applied for NARIC i did FAST Track as i could not wait a week or so mine came literary in 24 hours.

I also have gave them IELTS and NARIC as i form first i claimed 10 point i wrote covering letter expanding situation and gave them both with Degree Certificate .

Good Luck.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Molls243 wrote:I also had similar situation , I only realised about SELT once online application done, than i realised its not valid so quickly applied for NARIC i did FAST Track as i could not wait a week or so mine came literary in 24 hours.

I also have gave them IELTS and NARIC as i form first i claimed 10 point i wrote covering letter expanding situation and gave them both with Degree Certificate .

Good Luck.

Hi Molls,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now much relieved. I've done exactly the same as you did.

Sent them a Covering letter with NARIC letter and Original Degree Certificate.

Can you also let me know how long did you application took for decision..?

Thanks.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:08 pm

sravanmv wrote:All the best for the visa. I guess it should be cleared with regards to English.

However, why did you put both IELTS and UK NARIC? As the requirements is either one.

Regards,
Sravan MV
Hi Sravan,

Honestly, it just happened that I had both, so I thought why not include them both in application.

Thanks.
Kundan

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:14 pm

Kundan-Yadav wrote:Hi Sravan,

Honestly, it just happened that I had both, so I thought why not include them both in application.

Thanks.
Kundan
The classic belt and braces gambit - can't beat it.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Kundan-Yadav wrote:
Molls243 wrote:I also had similar situation , I only realised about SELT once online application done, than i realised its not valid so quickly applied for NARIC i did FAST Track as i could not wait a week or so mine came literary in 24 hours.

Good Luck.

Hi Molls,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm now much relieved. I've done exactly the same as you did.

Thanks.

Hello I have submitted my Documents on 16th of august hope fully in two weeks i will get result.
Good Luck.

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:31 am

Molls243 wrote:
Kundan-Yadav wrote:

Good Luck.

Hi Molls,

Thanks.

Hello I have submitted my Documents on 16th of august hope fully in two weeks i will get result.
Good Luck.
Hi Molls,
Any Update..?

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:36 am

Hi Molls,
Any Update..?[/quote]

Hello No still waiting its taking little longer than i thought hope fully this week i think what day did you submits yours?

sravanmv
Newly Registered

Post by sravanmv » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm

All the best guys. I have applied for UK Naric. Waiting for the documents to arrive..

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:10 am

Hi Guys,

Got my Visa today. I had submitted documents on 17th Aug.

Best of luck to both of you.

Cheers.!

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:10 am

Kundan-Yadav wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers.!

Oh Great Amazing I am still waiting , nervous now :( What centre did you use ? Many Thanks

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:16 am

Molls243 wrote:
Kundan-Yadav wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers.!

Oh Great Amazing I am still waiting , nervous now :( What centre did you use ? Many Thanks

Don't worry mate... I'm sure you'll get it any day now. I used New Delhi Centre.

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 am

Oh thank you , i m worrying now as i see people receiving email regarding case worker taken file , i haven't received any thing since submitted documents . Please let me know thanks

Kundan-Yadav

Post by Kundan-Yadav » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:29 am

Molls243 wrote:Oh thank you , i m worrying now as i see people receiving email regarding case worker taken file , i haven't received any thing since submitted documents . Please let me know thanks
I don't know how different centres operate but I didn't get any such email either. The Only communication from UKVI after document submission was today in an email stating that a decision has been made on my application and documents dispatched to VFS centre where I can collect them.

Molls243
Newly Registered

Post by Molls243 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:30 am

ok that sounds familiar so i am good Fingers crossed Thank you .

sravanmv
Newly Registered

Post by sravanmv » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Oh Great.. Congrats Kunal.

tobinism
Newly Registered

Post by tobinism » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Please I want to ask if it is possible to apply for tier 2 visa one month before my start date. i.e. if my start date is Oct can I apply for tier 2 visa in Sept using priority visa. I do not understand what they mean by up to 3 months. Thank you