ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vezlys
Newly Registered

Marriage Visa

Post by vezlys » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi,

I know that marriage visas are valid for 6 months, but are they valid even once you've gotten married? Say, if you get married after three months, go on a trip, and return to the UK - will you be able to return on the marriage visa? Or will it be invalid since you're already married, and hence require another type of visa in order to be allowed entry?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marriage Visa

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 pm

vezlys wrote:Hi,

I know that marriage visas are valid for 6 months, but are they valid even once you've gotten married? Say, if you get married after three months, go on a trip, and return to the UK - will you be able to return on the marriage visa? Or will it be invalid since you're already married, and hence require another type of visa in order to be allowed entry?
What visa do you mean exactly?

Marriage visa visa or Fiancee visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vezlys
Newly Registered

Post by vezlys » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:59 pm

The Marriage Visitor visa, the one in order to get married in the UK:
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa/overview

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

In which case, a marriage visitor visa doesn't permit multiple entry into the UK.

Are you aware that your wife will have to leave the UK before the 6 month visa expires? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vezlys
Newly Registered

Post by vezlys » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Yes, we are aware that she has to leave the UK before the 6 months is up, but I'm enquiring about a short trip during that 6 month period. It says on her visa that it is a multiple entry visa, but do you mean that since we are married, that is no longer applicable?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Once you are married your wife will be unable to re-enter the UK as entry would be for a different reason than the entry clearance issued on the marriage visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vezlys
Newly Registered

Post by vezlys » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Okay, thank you very much for that confirmation.

vitchd
Newly Registered

Post by vitchd » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:09 pm

From once it's a multi entry marriage visitor visa it can be used even after the marriage have taken place for re-entry once it's still valid.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:34 pm

vitchd wrote:From once it's a multi entry marriage visitor visa it can be used even after the marriage have taken place for re-entry once it's still valid.
Multiple entry prior to marrying, not if the marriage has taken place.
(Casa, not CR001)

vitchd
Newly Registered

Post by vitchd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 am

Well from my experience I got married went to my home country and return without any hassle in returning

vitchd
Newly Registered

Post by vitchd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 am

Well from my experience I got married and went to my home country and return to the uk without any hassle

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 am

vitchd wrote:Well from my experience I got married and went to my home country and return to the uk without any hassle
You were lucky.
(Casa, not CR001)

vitchd
Newly Registered

Post by vitchd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Ok