ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR (M)

Post by mrswow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi there

just have a quick question really, my husband was just granted his FLR (M) first period. I recently added him as joint tennant on my house and we got letters through recently to fill out for the electorial roll.

Is my husband allowed to fill this out? We dont want to breech any conditions so we thought we might as well just be safe and ask.

he has work permitted but no access to public funds and was granted a period of leave for 30 months. Just not sure if he can fill out the form for the electorial roll or not on the visa he has.

Thanks for any help :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M)

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Your husband may not be eligible to vote. What nationality does he hold?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mrswow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:26 pm

He is an American Citizen.

We just want to make sure we stick to all the rules, and i dont want to fill out the form for the electrial role if hes not allowed.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:28 pm

mrswow wrote:He is an American Citizen.

We just want to make sure we stick to all the rules, and i dont want to fill out the form for the electrial role if hes not allowed.
The Electoral Role is for those who are entitled to vote, so not required for your husband.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mrswow
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mrswow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Thank you for the help <3

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Although he can't yet vote, I would return the form with a covering letter mentioning his nationality otherwise you will likely keep getting letters. If people are invited to register and don't do so they can be fined. Worth the price of a stamp to save the hassle. :wink:
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.