ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delaying rent of property until visa granted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jon.Mason

Delaying rent of property until visa granted

Post by Jon.Mason » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi, I just wondered is it possible to not actually rent a property until visa is granted?

I currently live in a shared house which is sufficient for me whilst I am working.

I have a wife and son abroad. I am doing the passport application for my son now and once complete I will start my wifes visa application.

I dont really want to pay for a one bedroom flat unless we are all living in there, when I could be house sharing and saving money.

So is a letter offering me a flat going to be sufficient for the visa application or do i need to be living in the flat prior to making the application? Since the visa takes 3 months I would rather not be paying extra money for 3 months unnecessarily.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Delaying rent of property until visa granted

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:07 pm

It's a very good question because no one will want to waste rent and I think HO don't care about the rent payment rather what they might be concerned that the property is uncrowded and is fully arranged before the family arrive. Landlord letter is important but not sure how to get tenancy agreement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jon.Mason

Post by Jon.Mason » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

The problem is, will the landlord be willing to leave the property unhoused and not receive rent and still give the tenancy etc. Is a letter of offer sufficient? And if the house gets filled by someone else before the visa is offered I can just apply for another house?Or does tenancy need to be signed etc?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Read below the link the points from 6-12.2

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jon.Mason

Post by Jon.Mason » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:04 pm

I looked in the section you mentioned but couldnt see anything specific on this subject

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Unless you have a family member/relative no one will unlikely give you tenancy agreement/accomodation letter allowing your partner without rent in UK. In my opinion it maybe a good idea either to negotiate with current landlord in your present shared house. Or try to find some relative/friend who has sufficient accomodation and be ready to give you such favor.