ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!! Tier 2 change of employement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyabiradar
Newly Registered

URGENT!! Tier 2 change of employement

Post by priyabiradar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 am

Hi,

My visa is due to expire on 29th of march 2017 and my application for extension is ready to apply online but I have got an offer from new company who is ready to sponsor tier 2.
They are planning to generate new CoS by 14th of march and want to make an online application for me and my dependant on 17th of march. Also planning to book priority visa appointment in 1st week of April depending on availability .
In my case when do i have to handover notice to my current employer? My notice period is 1 month.

If i handover notice after 17th march then my current employer may only allow me to work until 29th march as they are sponsoring me until 29th. so I may lose my more than half of my salary as i failed to handover 1 month notice. Is it true that i may not legally work for my current employer whilst I'm waiting to get decision on my visa extension with new employer after my previous visa expiry?

If i handover notice now immediately and serve 1 month notice period than i may have to stay at home without work in April until i get my new BRP. Does this waiting period may effect my ILR in future ? Also if for some reason my visa gets rejected and new employer denies to assist further with my visa application then i would have to return back to my county.

Is it wise to make an extension application now with current employer just by myself without dependant using premium service and re-apply again with new employer on 17th march along with dependants to play safe? Please suggest me best option.

Also how about my dependant? can they continue to work whilst waiting to get decision on our visa extension.?

Much appreciate your help.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: URGENT!! Tier 2 change of employement

Post by hassanh » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Is it wise to make an extension application now with current employer just by myself without dependant using premium service and re-apply again with new employer on 17th march along with dependants to play safe? Please suggest me best option.
Wise would be to apply for extension with your current employer including your dependent. Once, the visa is extended, apply for change of job without including dependent.

Thanks,

priyabiradar
Newly Registered

Post by priyabiradar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:29 am

Thank you very much hassanh.

What happens if my dependant visa gets rejected for some reason and it gets rejected after his visa expiry?

Does he has to go back home and apply again or he shall get a chance to re-apply again staying with in Uk??

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Normally, dependent visa is only refused when main applicant visa is refused. I don't see any point when his visa is refused when you are granted the visa.

Even if it happens he will have 14 days to re apply within UK by correcting the errors in last application.

Thanks

priyabiradar
Newly Registered

Post by priyabiradar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi hassanh ,

The reason i asked the question is, In my case if i choose to apply my own visa using priority service without dependant then only my visa gets extended but not my dependant. And once my new employer re-apply for new visa for both (me and my dependant) before my dependants visa gets expired. In this case if our both visa gets refused for some reason then i would have my old employer visa but not my dependant . Do you understand about my concern?

Thanks again