ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assistance request - Completing Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RRSB2012

Assistance request - Completing Naturalisation Application

Post by RRSB2012 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I have a few questions and I am sorry if these questions had been previously answered on the forum.

Form AN

Life in the UK test (ref Sec 1.22) - I did my LIUK test before I got ILR, means that it had my previous BRP number on it. When I got ILR, I got a different BRP Number. How do I explain that. Or is an explanation even required?

Sec 1.49 - Tax Office Address or Tax Office Reference Number.
On my P60 I can see an employer PAYE Reference number in format 123/AB12345.
Question: Is that Tax office reference number or is that something else?

Sec 1.50 - Employment History
I have worked for the same employer since being in UK. However the Company changed name in August 2012 from ABC UK Limited to ABC Energy Limited. This practically didn't had any implications or changes on my employment nor did I had to sign a new contract etc.
Question: In the employment history, Do I mention this as two separate employments/employers or as one employment/employer

Sec 2.2 - Details of Absences from UK
In past five years I had around 50 international trips (total days 475) and therefore I believe I will be a bit short on space on page 11 and writing on page 22 wont be very clean and presentable.
Question: Can I prepare this information in a separate Annexure (ofcourse keeping the same format) and say in sec 2.2 Refer to annexure. Or is it compulsory to complete on form AN page 11 and 22.

Sec 3 - Good Character - Speed Awareness Course
I have got a traffic penalty and was required to attend a speed awareness course. Speed Awareness course or even a FPN (I don't have a FPN) is not a criminal or civil offence.
Question: Where do I disclose this in section 3? or will this also go on page 22?

Sec 7.7 - as I stated above, I had been out of UK for 475 days. It is more than 450 days but less than 480 days. As per Chapter 18 - Annexure B Clause 4.1.1 - absences of 480 days are normally disregarded.
Question:
Do I have to say that I don't meet the requirements and request discretion.

I would really appreciate help on the above questions.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.
Best regards
R

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Assistance request - Completing Naturalisation Applicati

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 pm

RRSB2012 wrote: Form AN

Life in the UK test (ref Sec 1.22) - I did my LIUK test before I got ILR, means that it had my previous BRP number on it. When I got ILR, I got a different BRP Number. How do I explain that. Or is an explanation even required? No need to explain

Sec 1.49 - Tax Office Address or Tax Office Reference Number.
On my P60 I can see an employer PAYE Reference number in format 123/AB12345.
Question: Is that Tax office reference number or is that something else? Yes - mine is very similar

Sec 1.50 - Employment History
I have worked for the same employer since being in UK. However the Company changed name in August 2012 from ABC UK Limited to ABC Energy Limited. This practically didn't had any implications or changes on my employment nor did I had to sign a new contract etc.
Question: In the employment history, Do I mention this as two separate employments/employers or as one employment/employer No Need , just use the current company name throughout

Sec 2.2 - Details of Absences from UK
In past five years I had around 50 international trips (total days 475) and therefore I believe I will be a bit short on space on page 11 and writing on page 22 wont be very clean and presentable.
Question: Can I prepare this information in a separate Annexure (ofcourse keeping the same format) and say in sec 2.2 Refer to annexure. Or is it compulsory to complete on form AN page 11 and 22. I have seen other members mentioned separate lists, though if you keep it all within the two pages it's one less thing to loose.

Sec 3 - Good Character - Speed Awareness Course
I have got a traffic penalty and was required to attend a speed awareness course. Speed Awareness course or even a FPN (I don't have a FPN) is not a criminal or civil offence.
Question: Where do I disclose this in section 3? or will this also go on page 22?
page 22
Sec 7.7 - as I stated above, I had been out of UK for 475 days. It is more than 450 days but less than 480 days. As per Chapter 18 - Annexure B Clause 4.1.1 - absences of 480 days are normally disregarded.
Question:
Do I have to say that I don't meet the requirements and request discretion. Explain the circumstances in a covering note
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Alterhase,
thanks a lot, really appreciate your help.
Cheers
R

mian1

Post by mian1 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm

hello
i was looking on the latest AN Application form (Version 02/17)
Section 3 Good Character

3.2 Please give details below for each criminal conviction, starting with the most recent one. If
you have received more than two convictions please photocopy this page and enclose it with this
form
Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants. You must give details of all
criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences (including all drink driving offences).
Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s
criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless:

• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices.

My Question is when it say on the form why their is a confusion to declare FPN and even PCN.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:07 pm

Mian,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Speed Awareness Course is not a FPN or a PCN and does not go on a person's record.
So now the question is not whether to disclose it or not, rather the question is where to disclose it on the form. In my opinion Criminal offence section is clearly not the right place for it.

Please feel free to let us know how you would approach this.
Thanks
R