ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I switch to tier 2 on degree gained in the previous visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sonu143
Newly Registered

Can I switch to tier 2 on degree gained in the previous visa

Post by Sonu143 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I have got a bachelors degree from my initial visa and then I was on PSW for 2 years and now on tier 4 again studying ACCA. However, I have got an offer from a firm and want to check if I can apply for a switch to tier 2 from my current tier 4 on the basis of my degree which I obtained from the first tier 4 visa as I cannot switch on the basis of ACCA completion. I have had continuous leave to remain since I have arrived in the UK till date. My current visa finishes in May 2017.

I would be very grateful if I could kindly get any suggestions or advice on this topic.

Thanks very much

gaj112
Newly Registered

Re: Can I switch to tier 2 on degree gained in the previous

Post by gaj112 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 am

I did the exact same. I applied on the basis of my Bachelors degree because my MSc dissertation marks were still pending. There should not be any problem as long as you had continuous leave. I am not sure how PSW is going to affect you because i had 4 years Tier 4 visa for my bachelors and then another year into MSc straight after. As long as you haven't breached any Tier 4 conditions then you are good to go.

tobinism
Newly Registered

Post by tobinism » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Please I want to ask if it is possible to apply for tier 2 visa one month before my start date. i.e. if my start date is Oct can I apply for tier 2 visa in Sept using priority visa. I do not understand what they mean by up to 3 months. The thing is, I am currently on a tier 4 visa and my course (masters) will end in Sept, my employer (university) have agreed to offer a start date of Oct so that I can finish my masters. The job offer is also in form of Phd

Thank you

Sonu143
Newly Registered

Post by Sonu143 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:05 pm

gaj112 wrote:I did the exact same. I applied on the basis of my Bachelors degree because my MSc dissertation marks were still pending. There should not be any problem as long as you had continuous leave. I am not sure how PSW is going to affect you because i had 4 years Tier 4 visa for my bachelors and then another year into MSc straight after. As long as you haven't breached any Tier 4 conditions then you are good to go.
Dear Gaj112,

Thanks for your valuable advice, much appreciated.
I have had continuous leave since arrival so that should not be a problem, I hope.

Sonu143
Newly Registered

Post by Sonu143 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:34 pm

tobinism wrote:Please I want to ask if it is possible to apply for tier 2 visa one month before my start date. i.e. if my start date is Oct can I apply for tier 2 visa in Sept using priority visa. I do not understand what they mean by up to 3 months. The thing is, I am currently on a tier 4 visa and my course (masters) will end in Sept, my employer (university) have agreed to offer a start date of Oct so that I can finish my masters. The job offer is also in form of Phd

Thank you
Hi,

Yes, I am sure you could apply in September if your start date is October. Go for it definitely.