ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR -HSMP ::Option for dependents??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

FLR -HSMP ::Option for dependents??

Post by ashishashah » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 am

Hello,

I am in UK on HSMP and my wife is on HSMP dependent..I have my FLR coming up in Oct 2008...Now situation is that during july till OCt 2008, my wife would be travelling to India for the birth of our first child..
Now i have two options for FLR
1)Apply for EC for infant in India in 1st week of Oct 2008,both(wife and infant) come to UK, then i apply for FLR for all 3 of us in last week of OCt 2008
2)I apply for FLR only for me in 1st week of Oct 2008, then my wife and infant go for EC in India and then travel to UK..

So question is shd. i a)apply for FLR ALONE, get EC for wife and dependent in India or
b)apply for FLR for all 3 of us..??

Can you pl. advise?

Thanks
Ashish

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:43 am

Another option you can look at is:

1> Apply for an early FLR for both you and wife, in say May-June time before she travels to India. You'll have to explain your case to the HO in the covering letter. If you are granted FLR (which I m sure you will) then you need to only apply for EC for your infant from India in Oct.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:55 am

Thanks SKUK for your reply...
The issue is what if the HO reject my application saying "Its too early",and also i started working in April 2007,so for my HSMP -FLR it would be just passing marks..So i dont want to apply in June 08 as i might not qualify..

So shd.i select option 1 or 2 then??Any one??

Ashish

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:09 am

ashishashah Wrote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi HAri,

Pl. check your PM, even i am planning to apply for FLR now instead of Nov 08...
Thanks
Ashish
Hi Ashish,

What made you change your mind ? You said you "May not Qualify" if you apply earlier...Just curious to know...

Regards