ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help AN and MN form clarification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cindy88

Please help AN and MN form clarification

Post by cindy88 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello,
I'm in the process of applying for BC for my husband and 6 year old son and I would be grateful if anyone could clarify the following for me
For my husband:
a)Section 1.3 date you were given ILR: is this the date he obtained PR status?
b)Section 1.4 Address of tax office or tax office reference: is this EMPLOYER PAYE REFERENCE number?
C) Must BOTH referees reside in the UK? It's not specified anywhere...

for my son:
a) date you were given ILR : he is 6 years old and was born in the UK, we (parents) have recently been given Permanent recidence certicates, what should I write here?
b)section 2.2 provide details of child's addresses in the UK for the last 5 years: He came back to Italy with me for 1 year in 2014, should I add also this Italian address? It seems it's asking only for UK addresses
c) section 2.3 details of all absences: do I have to fill in this table?
d) section 4 says This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over: my son is 6, should I fill it in?

Thank you in advance
C

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please help AN and MN form clarification

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:54 pm

cindy88 wrote:Hello,
I'm in the process of applying for BC for my husband and 6 year old son and I would be grateful if anyone could clarify the following for me
For my husband:
a)Section 1.3 date you were given ILR: is this the date he obtained PR status? Not relevant for EEA/EU route applicants.
b)Section 1.4 Address of tax office or tax office reference: is this EMPLOYER PAYE REFERENCE number? Yes, to be found on P60 or contact HR
C) Must BOTH referees reside in the UK? It's not specified anywhere... No and the professional referee can by any nationality.

for my son:
a) date you were given ILR : he is 6 years old and was born in the UK, we (parents) have recently been given Permanent recidence certicates, what should I write here? See a) above
b)section 2.2 provide details of child's addresses in the UK for the last 5 years: He came back to Italy with me for 1 year in 2014, should I add also this Italian address? It seems it's asking only for UK addresses All addresses yes
c) section 2.3 details of all absences: do I have to fill in this table? Yes
d) section 4 says This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over: my son is 6, should I fill it in? Ignore

Thank you in advance
C
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cindy88

Post by cindy88 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 am

CR001, thanks again for your helt & time.
Regards
C

cindy88

Post by cindy88 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Actually, I've got another question :D
I have an appointment with the Nationality Checking Service to file my husband's and son's citizenship application next week, I intend to pay the fees by debit card, should I simply fill in the payment slip for each application I found herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 8_v0_3.pdf ?
Who is going to process the payment, the NCS or the Home Office?

Thank you.
C

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Yes, you need to complete the payment slip. HO process the fee. NCS is only an agent.

Are you applying for citizenship only or applying using the joint citizenship and passport scheme where you apply for both together for each applicant?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cindy88

Post by cindy88 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm applying for citizenship + passport together. The NCS told me to get the passport application form from the post office, then there is another payment slip to fill in with debit card details+ form to bring to the appointment....

Thanks CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:21 pm

That is correct yes. So for passport, you need two passport payment slips but for citizenship (AN & MN1), you can use one payment slip and clearly right on the form that it is for two applicants and their names. Or to keep it simple, do a payment slip for each.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cindy88

Post by cindy88 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi CR001,
do you think it's going to be a problem if a couple of payslips are missing? I do have the P60 for that year ...
thanks again
C.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Does the form ask for payslips?

P60's should be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cindy88

Post by cindy88 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Ok thanks, I have another question,
my husband, who is applying for BC is self-employed and also an employee. He was unemployed for 9 months (3 years ago)but, as I said he was self employed, however he didn't have any income over that period because he had just started his own business, we lived on savings. He does have the self-assessment for that year, do you think it's going to be a problem for the HO ? He doesn't have payslips because unemployed, and no income , only savings, what other evidence could I provide?
Thanks again
C.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Continuous employment is not a requirement for citizenship.

Send the self assessment for that period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cindy88

Post by cindy88 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks CR001, sorry but we are panicking a bit :?
So no need for bank statements or tenancy agreement to prove residence then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:01 am

Suggest contact NCS and ask them. Or, take everything with you and they will take what they need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)