ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Extension Refused on Salary - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amankahlon
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 - Extension Refused on Salary - URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Post by amankahlon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for a Tier 2 - General extension on the 09/01/2017 when my leave to remain was expiring on the 21/01/2017. I received a letter from the UKBA on the 23/02/2017 stating that my application has been refused due to inappropriate salary and I can apply for an administrative review within 14 calendar days.

The letter I received was dated 15/02/2017 though I didn't receive it until 23/02/2017. The letter states that the 14 days start from the day after the receipt of the letter however, on the UKBA website I have found that they generally allow 2 days for the letter to be received.

I am thinking of re-applying with a new application for further leave to remain. The company that I work for has now increased my salary in accordance with the requirement and is awaiting the results of a new application for a new CoS. They were able to get through to the Priority service line today and have requested it to be dealt with ASAP.

I am confused as according to the date on which I received the letter the 14 calendar days expire on the 09/03/2017, furthermore, the conversation today with the priority line advised that it will take 5 working days for the allocation of the CoS for the company.

So my questions are:

When does the 14 day period start?
Is re-applying using a new CoS the right approach? If not, what to do to get my passport back?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.