ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr m online form english language doc required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syedaliuk

Flr m online form english language doc required

Post by syedaliuk » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi
I am filling flr m extension online form for my wife. When I go to the document section it wants me to check the check box

A UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed.

I did not select this option when I was filling the form as my wife has got a transcript which says taught in english.We already checked the box which says

The official transcript or letter for **** to prove the level of English language required.

If I dont tick NARIC checkbox I cant proceed.

Any thoughts?

syedaliuk

Re: Flr m online form english language doc required

Post by syedaliuk » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:07 pm

I am a bit confused

A. If you passed an acceptable English language test provided by a test provider approved
by the Home Office for this purpose you must evidence this by providing a SELT unique
electronic reference number. Please tick this box to confirm that you have provided the
relevant information about the test in section 8.4 of this form; or

B. An original certificate showing that you have been awarded an appropriate acceptable
academic qualification, showing your name, the title of the award, the date of the award and
the name of the awarding institution; or

C. An original academic transcript or an original academic reference from the awarding
institution that is on official letter headed paper (see section 21e) of FLR(M) guidance notes
for further information); and

D.If the academic qualification was awarded by an educational establishment outside the UK,
an original document from UK NARIC which confirms that the qualification meets or exceeds
the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK and was taught
in English to level A1 of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages or above

We have B and C

my question... Is D mandatory ?

syedaliuk

Post by syedaliuk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 am

I know the mods are busy, please can you look at this when you have time thanks.

I just want to know if the UK NARIC is compulsory now?
When I applied my wife's flr m for the first time I only submitted a degree from india and a letter from the uni saying that the degree was taught in english.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 am

Yes it is as far as I am aware.

Simplest thing to do is do the SELT English test. Costs the same as NARIC ELA.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

syedaliuk

Post by syedaliuk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 am

thanks for the reply.

My wifes extension is due on the 16th of march and I am planning to get the SELT booking on the 4th of march. Do you know if they will give me the electronic reference there and then after the test which I can put in the form.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 am

It should be fine yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

syedaliuk

Post by syedaliuk » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:44 am

Thanks

Favoured25
Newly Registered

Post by Favoured25 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a Spouse visa for my husband. He was an overstayer (overstayed his multiple entry visitor visa which expired in 2015) and thus obtained his degrees unlawfully. We met in 2014 while he was in the UK as a masters student (paying home fees) and have been in a relationship since then. We both went to Nigeria to get married at a registry last month (we will do the church wedding once he is back in the UK). I am now back in the UK and would like to start the app process. We have all the necessary docs, and I meet the financial requirements. I have a few questions...

1. Is he exempt from the English language requirement as he has both a UK Bsc and MA, even though he was an overstayer?
2. He is actually currently doing a PhD in the UK (started this in 2016) and still has student status while he is in Nigeria, will the HO contact the university if he discloses this? Should we even disclose the PhD?

Thank you in advance for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Favoured25 wrote:Hi,

I am applying for a Spouse visa for my husband. He was an overstayer (overstayed his multiple entry visitor visa which expired in 2015) and thus obtained his degrees unlawfully. We met in 2014 while he was in the UK as a masters student (paying home fees) and have been in a relationship since then. We both went to Nigeria to get married at a registry last month (we will do the church wedding once he is back in the UK). I am now back in the UK and would like to start the app process. We have all the necessary docs, and I meet the financial requirements. I have a few questions...

1. Is he exempt from the English language requirement as he has both a UK Bsc and MA, even though he was an overstayer?
2. He is actually currently doing a PhD in the UK (started this in 2016) and still has student status while he is in Nigeria, will the HO contact the university if he discloses this? Should we even disclose the PhD?

Please refrain from tagging your question onto other members topics. It is considered rude and creates confusion. Keep your questions in your own topic where someone has already responded to you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1460469
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Favoured25
Newly Registered

Post by Favoured25 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Favoured25 wrote:Hi,

Please refrain from tagging your question onto other members topics. It is considered rude and creates confusion. Keep your questions in your own topic where someone has already responded to you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1460469
Apologies! I've only just joined :s