ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension urgent advise

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rmj123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extension urgent advise

Post by Rmj123 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:12 pm

I got my COS from my new employer today for tier 2 extension
. The duration of cos is 4 years. However my job is only for 6 months and renewable.
Now I have to pay 1300£ instead of £660 as visa fee as my COS is more than 3 years.
Is there any way they could amend my COS end date.
Many thanks.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 extension urgent advise

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:37 pm

How long have you been on tier 2? Then you need to clarify what you meant by your job is only for 6 months. If the company is only hiring you for 6months and the review your employment before offering you another contract, then I don't think they should issue you a 4year Cos.
Starts date and end date could be amended using the SMS sponsorship note. But beyond this, it is important that you confirm how long you have spent on tier 2, how many more years do you need to make it a total of 6years and then confirm the nature of your contract. The company shouldn't issue Cos for 4years if your offer or contract is only for 6months.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Just want to check, are you contracting through an umbrella company or is it a proper employer etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rmj123
Newly Registered

Post by Rmj123 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks.
I am on tier 2 since August 2016 valid until August 2019.
I am doctor working in an NHS trust
I got job in another NHS trust which is at a more convenient location. However the trust has given me a cos for four years :oops: for the 6 months contract. They told me that they are happy to extend my contract after 6 months. But I told them that it's unlikely I would continue with them for 4 years as I would be trying for training jobs in an year.
Now I have to pay the higher fee which is unnecessary.
They said they cannot amend the end date as COS is issued already.