ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Visa Extension Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ptho86
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Visa Extension Help

Post by Ptho86 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 am

Hi

This is my first visit to the Expat Forum and hope you guys will be able to help put some issues to bed with our application. I have read lots of other posts but unable to find the answers we are looking for. We have booked an appointment on 17th of March at a premium service centre so fingers crossed it all goes well. Your help is very much appreciated!

Application Questions:

2.1 - Do we tick first box, first period of leave to remain (my wife is currently on a 2.5 year spouse visa which was granted in South Korean before moving to the UK)

6.33 - Shared financial responsibilities - Can we put the mortgage? The house is in my name but comes from our joint bank account.
Do we list any shared utility bills / car insurance here? Do we need to put our son as a shared financial responsibilities?

We have completed 7A and meet the requirements, but if we have just started receiving child benefit as from 05.01.17 for our first son do we need to fill in 7B point 7.6 to declare our child benefits?

8.4 my wife has passed the new IELTS English test and added the reference number. Does she need to list the previous awarding body from the first application or leave this box blank?

Section 8B do we need to add more information about our son if he has already been mentioned earlier in the application (he has a British passport)

12.5 My son is not a dependent on the application should we still fill in this section with his passport details?

Payslips - We meet the financial requirements and I have payslips for the last 6 months prior to our application. My current employer sends all payslips electronically which I have printed from the system. Do I need something in writing from my manager on letter headed paper to confirm the payslips are genuine? Is it better to get him to sign the bottom of each payslip too?

Bank statements - We requested all accounts for the last 12months which came in the post last week on A4 paper, do we need to take this to the bank and ask them to stamp each page for authenticity?

Utility Bills - If I have downloaded and printed does this need a letter of authenticity from the provider?

Thank you so much for the Help
Philip

Personabs
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Visa Extension Help

Post by Personabs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:06 am

2.1. Yes
6.33. All bills with both your names on them. Your son is not a financial responsibility, at least for immigration purposes
Fill 7B point 7.6.
8.4. Leave it blank
8B. Mention your son and the fact that he has British Passport
12.5. No need to fill it, but it's up to you
Payslips - a letter from employer stating your position, start date of employment and salary should be suffisient
Bank statements - stamp each page in the bank
Utility bills - to be on a safe side, contact your provider for the letter of authenticity, but I think, they can be verified by Home Office, just mention in your cover letter that you have online bills.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Payslips sent electronically need to be stamped or an additional letter from employer authenticating them.
Bank statements sent by post do not need any further authentication.

Ptho86
Newly Registered

Post by Ptho86 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Thank you so much, really appreciate the advice.
Not sure I will have time to get the covering letters unless they can email me them. We have our appointment a week on Friday.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Are you aware that you must submit 6 pieces of evidence in joint names to prove that you have been living together during the qualifying period.

This should be from at least 3 different sources (as an example, utility bills, council tax, correspondence, NHS letters etc) spread as evenly as possible over the 2 .5 years. If you don't have 6 in joint names you will have to submit 12 in single names (6 each). The application stands to be refused without these.

Your wife will also have to pay the NHS surcharge of £500.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ptho86
Newly Registered

Post by Ptho86 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:50 pm

We have paid the NHS surcharge, this had to be done when booking the premium service.
With regards to evidence we have Gas/Electric, Water bill and Bank statements for the last 12months in Joint names.
Have also included for each of us personally; Bank statements, Dr's letters, college letters, Car insurance (wife as a named driver) - I also have the mortgage and council tax in my name.

Thanks

Ptho86
Newly Registered

Post by Ptho86 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:09 pm

Sorry my first question should of been 2.3 not 2.1 was on the wrong side of the page

2.3 - Do we tick first box, first period of leave to remain (my wife is currently on a 2.5 year spouse visa which was granted in South Korean before moving to the UK)