ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Really confused about Marrying non-EEA national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk_citizen_help
Newly Registered

Really confused about Marrying non-EEA national

Post by uk_citizen_help » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi Guys.

I am planning on marrying a girl from Pakistan but I am completely confused as to the procedure.
I earn around £27k per year. I have a house in Edinburgh with my brother but also work and rent a room in Sheffield around £300 per month including bills as a lodger. I stay there during the week and then head back up on the weekends.

My fiance is a Doctor over in Pakistan and highly educated with fantastic English. She has often corrected myself on some occasions so I am not worried about the language side of things.

I am planning to fly over with my family next month and get married. I've been told I need to have evidence of conversations of which I have whatsapp conversations, call, video call logs. Is this enough? I will also take pictures of the small ceremony we are planning as she has been married and divorced before in the past as it didn't work out for her previously.

What would be the best course of action at this stage. Should I marry her over there then she applies for a visa to stay here for 2.5 years? I am a bit confused. There seem to be so many visa choices that it's mind boggling.
Can she also apply to do her exams in the UK to register as a UK doctor while she lives with me?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Really confused about Marrying non-EEA national

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:27 pm

What is your UK immigration status?

You have posted your question in a visa category sub forum that is no longer available to migrants and is NOT a general posting sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uk_citizen_help
Newly Registered

Post by uk_citizen_help » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi there,
Sorry I did not know where to reply. Is it possible to move this post into the correct sub category?
I am a UK citizen. Born and bred here. Does this help?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Topic moved to the 'Immigration for Family Members' sub forum.

See the two helpful links below. Any further questions, post back in this topic for members to respond and help.

Spouse visa from Pakistan - Step by Step Guide (click)

Useful Information - Members Experience (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.