ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor stamp on Irish passport?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maistone252
Newly Registered

Visitor stamp on Irish passport?

Post by Maistone252 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:47 pm

My husband and I are Malaysian passports holder with UK ILR. All my kids are born in Northern Ireland and holding Irish passports. I think they are considered British citizens as well since they have issued with a UK register certificates. We currently have no intention to apply their British passports yet. We are planning to visit Malaysia this summer. If they are using Irish passports to leave and enter Heathrow airport, will they stamp their Irish passports with visitors stamp? Do we have to carry their register certifications as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor stamp on Irish passport?

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:00 pm

EU passports are not stamped on arrival and holders are not considered 'visitors'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maistone252
Newly Registered

Post by Maistone252 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Thank you Char. I remembered last time we went and back to UK, they insisted us to fill the landing card and won't let us use the European lane. Do we still need to fill in the landing card again this time?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:33 pm

You and your husband are still required to complete a landing card as you hold non-EU passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maistone252
Newly Registered

Post by Maistone252 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:36 pm

Thank you.