ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to register a partnership.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 pm

well, as far as i have read the eu allows the partner of an eu citizen to live freely with them in the eu if they have a durable relationship which is duly attested. I would like to know how i can get us to that point, i dont know which visa to apply for, i dont really want to apply for a visa, i just want us to be registred as having a durable relationship. I seem to be getting conflicting information and am not sure what to do. I was hoping to sort this out while he is on his working holiday in italy. I have read the eu directives but there is alot i dont understand, however i am trying very hard. I am willing to go through the lengthy process but am ot sure where to start. Do i call the italian embassy, what application do i ask to fill out?...in italy the sort of jobs we would get would probably be teaching english or in the resteraunt industry. I cant find anything about durable relationships on the eu directives, again, i am terribly sorry if i'm showing alot of ignorance...

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:19 pm

If we can only move to the eu together or ask to be registred as having a durable relationship by appliying for a visa then i'm really unsure what to do, if someone is in a durable relationship they can live together in the e anyway, why would they need a visa? Working holiday visas do not ask you to prove anything about your relationship, and as far as other visas go, i dont think we are eligable as neither of us have a degree...please help..

leelaa
Newly Registered

Post by leelaa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:23 pm

but i dont know what visa to apply for if hats the only way they can officially register us, do we both have to apply for a visa? He has already applied for a working holiday and they didnt ask any relationship questions..