ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to complete NARIC Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eastberks44
Newly Registered

How to complete NARIC Application

Post by eastberks44 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 am

I am applying for naturalisation under the EEA route and have my PR document.
I have a degree in Journalism from University of Nebraska Lincoln and have the original degree certificate. The current AN form (February 2017) clearly states that I will also need a UK NARIC document to prove, as if it should not already be self evident, that this meets the English language requirement. I find the NARIC Visas and Nationality page confusing because none of the options under immigration tier and route refer specifically to citizenship, naturalisation or even EEA Route. So I could be spending £125 and not getting exactly the document I will need for my citizenship application to be successful.
Has anyone out there completed the NARIC process in its current form and can advise me what to select?
Thanks
eastberks44

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: How to complete NARIC Application

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:57 am

NARIC ELARED route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eastberks44
Newly Registered

Post by eastberks44 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:41 pm

I don't think that terminology is used any more since the NARIC web site was revamped.
If you choose Hungary or any other EEA nationality on the registration page the "Immigration Tier" options are
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 4
Tier 5
Family, Settlement and Nationality
Representative of an Overseas Business Visa

and after choosing Family, Settlement or Nationality

the Immigration Route options are Family or Settlement.

Which of these is the "Red Route"?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:43 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eastberks44
Newly Registered

Post by eastberks44 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Red route takes me to the Visas and Nationality page where I already was.
Apply online takes me to the How to Apply page
Visas and Nationality portal takes me to the page where I have the query.
Which contains the text:-

"We will now ask you to enter your nationality, Immigration Tier and Immigration Route. Make sure you read and understand the UKVI guidance and know your Tier and Route.
Your entries and selections here MUST be correct and accurate as they help to determine the Visas and Nationality statements you will receive, and some of the documents we will ask you later to send to us. Errors here may mean you do not receive the statements you need. The Visas and Nationality service cannot be held responsible for errors, failures or delays arising from incorrect entries or selections here"

In other words if I don't get it right I have just wasted £125 and delayed my application.

The "UKVI Guidance" page which is linked to contains no information of relevance to EEA nationals who do not need a visa.

Now can you see the difficulty?

eastberks44
Newly Registered

Post by eastberks44 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Further to this I have tried leaving a question on the NARIC Contact Us page more than a week ago and got no response.

eastberks44
Newly Registered

NARIC Application - Immigration Tier and Route

Post by eastberks44 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:05 pm

I will try to make this question clearer. I hope someone out there has been through this process.

I am trying to use a degree from a majority English speaking country to meet the English language requirement.

This is the page I am on:-

https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... ister.aspx

It wants me to select an Immigration Tier and then a Route, but none of the options seem to relate to naturalisation or citizenship. The page makes it clear that this is the ONLY chance to get it right, so I have not looked any further apart from clicking on the UKVI Guidance link which is only relevant to people who need a visa to enter. Which as an EEA national I don't (yet).

Bastiat
Newly Registered

Post by Bastiat » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 am

I'm basically in the same situation. Did you find an answer to your question?

bvillalba
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bvillalba » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:43 am

Hi, I was wondering if any of you got a response for this. I have the same question.

Thanks in advance.