ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent residence/volunteering abroad

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aggusiap
Newly Registered

EEA Permanent residence/volunteering abroad

Post by aggusiap » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:04 am

Hi everyone!

I am reading this blog since few months, trying to understand what to do with my application for permanent residence.

I would appreciate your help as I am not sure how my case might be considered.

I Arrived in UK in Sept 2008 but didn't registered with WRS, therefore I want to account my residency from April 2011when the regulation for A8 was changed.

I was in full time employment from April 2011.
In September 2012 I started full time university course, and carried on working full time till 23rd of August 2013.
After that date I was not working for 8 months and I didn't have the comprehensive health insurance while still at uni.
I went back to work in April 2014 and carried on working part time till 23 rd of November 2016, with the short 3 months period when I was on JSA and looking for a job. Got everything to prove that I was looking for a job.
On the 20th of November 2016 I went to Africa to volunteer with UK based charity for 2 months. During that time I was not employed nor had the comprehensive health insurance.

I got a question regarding that 8 months period when I was studying without the health insurance. It would be accounted as 4.5 months in 2013 and 3 months in 2014 when I didn't work and was not insured, but studying full time. Might this affect my application in any way?

And what about the volunteering period? I had a travel insurance during that time, would that make any difference?

Thank you for your help
Aga

MrSlyFox

Re: EEA Permanent residence/volunteering abroad

Post by MrSlyFox » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:23 am

Hello Aga,
aggusiap wrote: I Arrived in UK in Sept 2008 but didn't registered with WRS, therefore I want to account my residency from April 2011when the regulation for A8 was changed.
You're correct you cannot count the time during this period.
aggusiap wrote: I was in full time employment from April 2011.
In September 2012 I started full time university course, and carried on working full time till 23rd of August 2013.
After that date I was not working for 8 months and I didn't have the comprehensive health insurance while still at uni.
Without CSI, Unless you held a residence card as a student, or EHIC (from any country other than the UK) this time would not count and reset your PR clock.
aggusiap wrote: I went back to work in April 2014 and carried on working part time till 23 rd of November 2016, with the short 3 months period when I was on JSA and looking for a job. Got everything to prove that I was looking for a job.
Sound fine if you've got the evidence
aggusiap wrote: On the 20th of November 2016 I went to Africa to volunteer with UK based charity for 2 months. During that time I was not employed nor had the comprehensive health insurance.
You are allowed six months out of the UK per year, so the absence is within the limits, were you working when you returned or had CSI?

aggusiap
Newly Registered

Post by aggusiap » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:49 am

MrSlyFox wrote: Hello Aga,
aggusiap wrote: I was in full time employment from April 2011.
Without CSI, Unless you held a residence card as a student, or EHIC (from any country other than the UK) this time would not count and reset your PR clock.
I am aware that this 8 months will not count towards my application, but does it mean that I need to account the 5 years period from the date I got back to work? Therefore not Aprill 2011 only April 2014?

MrSlyFox wrote:
aggusiap wrote: On the 20th of November 2016 I went to Africa to volunteer with UK based charity for 2 months. During that time I was not employed nor had the comprehensive health insurance.
You are allowed six months out of the UK per year, so the absence is within the limits, were you working when you returned or had CSI?
I was volunteering for the same charity since I am back and I was set to work on another project abroad from mid March. This means no full time employment nor the CSI. How is the volunteering considered in this case?

aggusiap
Newly Registered

Post by aggusiap » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 am

Hi everyone.

I got another question regarding the period of 8 months when I was a full time student but not working and not holding a CSI.

I went through my notes - dates in and out of the UK.
After leaving my employment in August 2013 I was away till mid October 2013. I was back in UK up till mid November and I went away again for 2 weeks. And same was in December when I went away on the 20th of December to be back mid Jan. I was one month in the UK in March, and left again in April for 2 weeks.
I was employed back in April.

Do I have to put in my application that I was a student during that period of time?
How is my absence will be considered? It doesn't add up to required 6months in each calendar year. But how is it considered legally if I was in UK for 2-3 weeks each month (period of 4-5 months) during which I was unemployed and didn't hold the CSI?

I seen on the forum that many people decided to apply for PR omitting the fact that they were studying.
Is there any chance it might work in my case?