ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kUMARI16

Switching from Tier 2 General

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General currently and will be eligible for ILR within 6 months on 5 Year route but recently my company license suspended. So I want to switch my Category from Tier 2 to be in UK for another 2 years Already I have done my masters in UK and now I want to do PHD or something because I came to UK in mid 2009 and will be eligible for ILR on 10 year route by mid of 2019.So I would like to know what is the process? Could someone please suggest. Many Thanks for your advice.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier 2 General

Post by iworker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:32 pm

come up with a research topic, search for a supervisor, search a uni, search for funding, once u have this all and have the admin, then ask for a CAS and apply for tier 4

kUMARI16

Re: Switching from Tier 2 General

Post by kUMARI16 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you for answering. Looks like it is a bit complicated process. I have already completed my Masters and now what I might be eligible to study further. Please suggest?