ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) for my non-eea unmarried partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prforyou
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) for my non-eea unmarried partner

Post by prforyou » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Hello,
My partner has his RC through me since 2012 (application was made in 2011, won through appeal), we have been in a relationship since 2006 and had a baby in 2012. Due to the child, there is some break in my later activity in the UK.

What I did not know until the last few months, is that my 5 years of exercising treaty rights do no longer seem to be straightforward due to CSI. I hope that I may be able to come to 5 years with the help of retained worker status rights. Can someone give me their thoughts and some advise please?

First, do I understand it right, that I need to qualify for any 5 years (and not necessarily during the period of validity of my partner's RC)? In any case, I am thinking to provide evidence for all my years in the UK till now.

This is my timeline here:

Oct/2004 - 07/2010 PhD studies in UK, no CSI (not informed, was never asked for it, not aware...)
- BUT: I had mandatory German public health insurance till 02/2005 (overlapping part-time work in Germany with the beginning of my PhD in the UK) and a letter from the insurer that I will get translated.

02/2005 - 07/2009 and 11-12/2009 Employment on part-time basis at my uni Evidence: letter from uni, P60s, payslips
- August, September, October: CSI problem? I was travelling and have 8 weeks travel insurance
- Actually my contract in Nov+Dec 2009 was advance payment for work to be done then and in 2010, during last PhD stage (submission in March, viva in June).
- I have evidence of my job-seeking activities in 01-07/2010, but unfortunately not for all applications.

08/2010 - 09/2013 Employment and Maternity Leave

11/2013 - 06/2014 Employment somewhere new

--- Break: between 07/2014 - 02/2016...
- Not JSA registered / stay at home mum, BUT actively seeking reduced hours / part-time employment (because of small child) which I have a wealth of application evidence for, but part-time roles were impossible to find....

since 03/2016 self-employed

I have P60's for all the years from 2005/06 - 2014/15.

What is my entry date, March or October 2004? I entered for a conference in March 2004, through further developed contact to my future PhD supervisor, whom I came for to meet in the summer, then underwent the application process from my home country, got admitted and started in October 2004.

prforyou
Newly Registered

Re: EEA (PR) for my non-eea unmarried partner

Post by prforyou » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:00 am

I am hoping to get some advise. Can somebody help please?
I am almost ready with the form and gathered a lot of evidence, but I feel stuck and hesitant sitting over it alone. I have a few questions, but lawyers charge 500£ upwards for consultation.

prforyou
Newly Registered

Non-EEA PR and sponsor's 5 years during residence card

Post by prforyou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:13 am

Does the sponsor need to qualify continuously during the residence card's valid period or is it sufficient if he/she can show evidence to have qualified for a pr right at an earlier period?

I am sponsor and do not have 5 continuous qualifying years during the RC period because I was looking after our small child and could not find part-time employment (which I have evidence for).

Unless 1.5 years of job seeking without being JSA registered could be acceptable, but I cannot imagine that one can hold worker status right for that long?

Last edited by prforyou on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

secret.simon

Re: Non-EEA PR and sponsor's 5 years during residence card

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:19 am

The EEA citizen sponsor needs to either have exercised treaty rights OR held PR status for the whole five year period of the Residence Card. S/he does not need to exercise treaty rights after s/he has acquired PR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

prforyou
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EEA PR and sponsor's 5 years during residence card

Post by prforyou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:40 am

Thank you! It means a big step forward in the process for me.

prforyou
Newly Registered

PR application, worker, and travel for 2 months

Post by prforyou » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:22 am

Hello,
During what I want to use as my 5 qualifying years, I have an employment break due to travel for two months. Could that break my qualifying period? Or is travel allowed and does it make a difference to show an international travel insurance for up to 8 weeks?
Thank you :)
Last edited by prforyou on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: PR application, worker, and travel for 2 months

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:32 am

prforyou wrote:Hello,
During what I want to use as my 5 qualifying years, I have an employment break due to travel for two months. Could that break my qualifying period? Or is travel allowed and does it make a difference to show an international travel insurance for up to 8 weeks?
Thank you :)
You may travel up to six months per year without breaking continuity of residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

prforyou
Newly Registered

Post by prforyou » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 am

Thank you very much Vinny. How about health insurance during such a period. Is there need to have CSI or another member state's EHIC during travel periods when between employment contracts but travelling outside the UK? Could I also show international travel insurance (valid up to 8 weeks) to avoid scrutiny?

Another urgent question, will I be fine to cover me against the CSI problem, by combining a period (6 Months, perhaps 9 months if initial right of residence counted, although I did not reside in the UK for all of three months, only for a few days) of being a UK student with German EHIC (I got a retrospective E111), with being a student and working in the UK for several years until the end of 5 qualifying years?