ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

childs nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gbpmatrix

childs nationality

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Hello every one. Before i proceed to my actual question i have to explain few things. I applied for t2 visa with wife and one son as dependants which was refused because of some kind of error/misunderstanding between me and HO. HO retained all of our passports. Coincidently i completed my 10 years during this period and made same day application for myself within seven days of refusal and was granted ILR. As soon as i received my passport and BRP card i posted my wife's appli ( as my dependent - 2.5 yrs visa route) and my pp and brp card.still waiting for her approval as it is almost 6 weeks. My actual question is: Can i apply for my sons BP. And what will be the process and application form. His current Indian PP is still with HO. He was born in UK. His birth certificate, my original pp and brp card is in HO as i have sent it with my wife's application.
Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: childs nationality

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Yes you can. See FAQs link below. Form MN1 and an application section 1(3) of the nationality act for a UK born child. It is an entitlement to register.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1343774

The problem you have is that you need your ILR BRP as to send with the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:41 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes you can. See FAQs link below. Form MN1 and an application section 1(3) of the nationality act for a UK born child. It is an entitlement to register.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1343774

The problem you have is that you need your ILR BRP as to send with the application.
Thank you for the quick response,
Basically I need to wait for my brp to come. Its ok but My sons indian pp is with HO. and his visa is expired. Will this effect in any way for his application.
Kind regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 pm

No affect, if he is under 10 years old.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Thank you vinny,
what about his Indian pp. How will i get that back.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:05 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Thank you for your help.
I was reading the link which you sent me. HO dont return PP if the visa is refused- which happened in my sons case. Is there any other way.
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 pm

They cannot refuse to register your son as it's his entitlement. When registering, just say that his passport is already with the Home Office, if necessary. After your son is successfully registered as British, a refusal of leave becomes moot. A British citizen cannot be subject to leave. They would no longer have any basis to keep his passport.

gbpmatrix

Childs passport after visa refusal

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Hello members,
Could you please advise me on my sons PP. My details in brief: I applied for t2 visa in oct 2016 with my wife and 3 year old son as dependants. Unfortunately it was refused. However I was qualified for 10 year ILR I got ILR approved. I applied for my wifs spouse visa and it was granted aswel. My question is I want to apply for my sons britist pp. He has valid indian pp but no visa as it expired in oct 2016. Wat will be the procedure and what docs do i need to submit.
Thank you in advance
Regards

vinny

Re: Childs passport after visa refusal

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:26 pm

If he was born in the UK, then he's entitled to register using form MN1. After successful registration, he may apply for a British passport.

Perhaps use the NCS service:
Some local authorities can also accept and send your first British passport application to Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) at the same time you submit your application for British citizenship.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:31 pm

Posts merged.

Why did you create a new topic to repeat the questions when you already had answers in this topic?

If you didn't understand the given answers, then do tell what wasn't clear in this current topic, instead of just repeating the questions in a new topic. Else, you may end up with repeated answers, to everyone's frustrations.