ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel on EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amss
Newly Registered

Travel on EEA Family Permit

Post by Amss » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello,my hysband is living in Uk as a qualified person, i have an Eea family permit expiring in April and have a pakistani passport..can i go with my husband in other europeon countries on his visa as a wife or do i need separate visa? Is it possible for me to travel with him before my residence card? We have not yet applied for my residence card

rabguy
Newly Registered

Re: Travel on EEA Family Permit

Post by rabguy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 pm

No.. You will need a shengen visa to enter any other eu country. you can re enter the uk up until the expirey date on your ukfp.. after that date you need to apply another

Amss
Newly Registered

Post by Amss » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:02 pm

And what about after obtaining my 5 yr residence card?

YOZ
Newly Registered

Post by YOZ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Amss wrote:And what about after obtaining my 5 yr residence card?
Once you have you RC you can travel together with your husband to the EU without a visa, but you better have with you marriage certificate to prove your relationship.

mwolf
Newly Registered

Post by mwolf » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 pm

YOZ wrote:
Amss wrote:And what about after obtaining my 5 yr residence card?
Once you have you RC you can travel together with your husband to the EU without a visa, but you better have with you marriage certificate to prove your relationship.
Yes, My wife and I have been doing it for the past 4 years after she received her RC. We carry our marriage certificate with us and have been asked to show it a couple of times (Maybe 1 in 5 times) It is also prudent to be on the same booking to avoid any doubt. Make sure to travel together and approach the customs booth together as this helps keep the checks smooth. They ask fewer questions with an EEA spouse standing right there :) Also, in my experience low cost airlines and cruise lines can be a little problematic when performing visa checks as they often don't know the rules. Allow a little extra time there. Also, technically you will need a Schengen visa when visiting Switzerland or your spouse's home country they are technically not exercising treaty rights in these places.

If you don't want the hassle & worry (we sometimes don't) you can still apply for a Schengen visa. There is no charge for a spouse of EEA but you will have to include their passport and supporting documents as well as yours to get the fee waved.

kimarie606
Newly Registered

Post by kimarie606 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Just FYI, my husband also has an EEA FP, and he was allowed to travel from the UK to France by plane without a visa. I was with him, and it was only the UK border control who asked about me when we were returning to the UK. Otherwise, border control didn't seem concerned at all. He is also a visa national.