ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 year continues Loss

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Invested as a deposit for management contract or lease money

Post by fanshad01 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi All,

I am running a event venue, and I have invested £15k as a deposit for management contract management or we can call as lease money, would it consider as a investment or it must be goodwill ? Please reply me, that will be really great full.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Invested as a deposit for management contract or lease m

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Such deposit is acceptable as it will be paid back to you when the contract ends. If only money goes to the previous owner, then it is not acceptable.
See also: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1446340
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Dear Zimba

Thanks for your reply, basically that money wont be come back to me after end of the contract period, as i mentioned in my previous post I am running an event venue which is I took management contract from the main lease holder, and I am making income from renting this venue for the public event, does this ok to show as investment and does this renting income consider as a business income, also i provide event services along with venue renting. Please help me for this.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:45 pm

fanshad01 wrote:Dear Zimba

Thanks for your reply, basically that money wont be come back to me after end of the contract period, as i mentioned in my previous post I am running an event venue which is I took management contract from the main lease holder, and I am making income from renting this venue for the public event, does this ok to show as investment and does this renting income consider as a business income, also i provide event services along with venue renting. Please help me for this.

Thanks
In that case it is under goodwill and will not be counted. However you will be able to make money off it.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Dear Zimba,

Thanks for your valuable reply, for this case I paid 3 months rent deposit when the time of signing the management contact that will payback to me once the contract ends, does it consider as a investment ?

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Hard to see how a returnable deposit is an investment.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:00 pm

noajthan wrote:Hard to see how a returnable deposit is an investment.
waiting for zimba's reply

THANKS

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:02 pm

fanshad01 wrote:

THANKS
He's probably having his tea.
We have 100,000+ members.
Free country.
Please yourself.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:33 pm

noajthan wrote:
fanshad01 wrote:

THANKS
He's probably having his tea.
We have 100,000+ members.
Free country.
Please yourself.
Dear Nojithan,
I have that doubt too, how ever i am still researching that topic, and Zimba is expert for this that's what i quoted him, its not mean you or another members aren't good. hope zimba will finish his tea soon ;)

Thanks

Jazz2007
Member of Standing

Post by Jazz2007 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:00 pm

noajthan need Tea too :D

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:39 pm

There is NO guide to give you a certain answer to this. In my opinion, getting a refund or a deposit back should be fine as long as that it did involve substantial amount of your claimed investment. Your reason for business expenses and investments need to be valid and reasonable.
If you deposited totally 50K in your business and paid 45K of that just as deposit, then that is questionable

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 pm

zimba88 wrote:There is NO guide to give you a certain answer to this. In my opinion, getting a refund or a deposit back should be fine as long as that it did involve substantial amount of your claimed investment. Your reason for business expenses and investments need to be valid and reasonable.
If you deposited totally 50K in your business and paid 45K of that just as deposit, then that is questionable
Dear Zimba
Thanks for your reply, yes I understand the point

fanshad01
Newly Registered

3 year continues Loss

Post by fanshad01 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Dear Zimba And OTher members,

I am running an event management company with banqueting hall, on my annual return company fall in loss since last 3 years including this year (will be), year by year loss getting higher, is that any problem for the extension? what should I do ?

Also I was been told couple of my friends I should put MY personal bank statement (where that £50k coming from) to show the bank transfer to the business account, And Employees Contract, but when i go through the guidelines unfortunately i couldn't find any thing regards to this matter, Please Help me for this.

Thanks ANd Regards

Meesha

Re: 3 year continues Loss

Post by Meesha » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:19 pm

If you are investing by director loan, ur investment should be traceable to you. It must be quickly identifiable i:e from your personal account to business account. Guidelines are very clear about it.
Good luck

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Meesha wrote:If you are investing by director loan, ur investment should be traceable to you. It must be quickly identifiable i:e from your personal account to business account. Guidelines are very clear about it.
Good luck
Dear Meesha,
Thanks for your reply, yes it is traceable from the business bank account statement, My name clearly shown on each transaction when I transfer money from my personal account. My doubt is even HO can easily find my name from business account statement, should I need to produce my personal bank statement for an additional evidence, please clear that for me, much appreciated.

Thanks

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:24 pm

^^If your business bank statements clearly show that it was you who made the investment, then it is not necessary, but if you have the relevant personal bank statements, then you can send them if you want.

fanshad01
Newly Registered

Post by fanshad01 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:16 pm

sm12 wrote:^^If your business bank statements clearly show that it was you who made the investment, then it is not necessary, but if you have the relevant personal bank statements, then you can send them if you want.
Thanks SM12,
Thanks for your prompt reply, I have been suggested by couple of solicitors send only the relevant document to avoid unnecessary questions, that is why I rise this doubt here. Hope you can help to clear my for the rest of the doubt, that will be really appreciable. Also I am eagerly waiting for Zimba's Reply.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am

sm12 wrote:^^If your business bank statements clearly show that it was you who made the investment, then it is not necessary, but if you have the relevant personal bank statements, then you can send them if you want.
That is correct