ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 sponsor license Suspended- can FLR be applied?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

opti21
Newly Registered

Tier 2 sponsor license Suspended- can FLR be applied?

Post by opti21 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi,

I am in UK since SEPTEMBER 2010 on Tier 2 ICT visa. Recently my sponsor's license has been suspended & I am not sure my employer will be repossess or lose the license. If my sponsor loses his license my leave to remin will be curtailed which will be valid for another 2 months only & I will have to apply any other category visa within 2 months. so can I apply FLR (Further Leave to Remain) application considering any of the below points-

1. My Son has been born in UK in AUGUST 2012 & is in UK since birth.
2. Last year I have purchased a house in UK.
3. My wife also works full time in a company (& my son attends the daycare nursery 5 days a week)

So can I apply for FLR using any of the above excuse. If not what are any other ways to remain in UK (apart from getting a tier 2 general sponsor) Please advice. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 sponsor license Suspended- can FLR be applied?

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 pm

So can I apply for FLR using any of the above excuse. If not what are any other ways to remain in UK (apart from getting a tier 2 general sponsor)
No, not really. Your child is small enough to adapt to another country and also, your child is not British. Many people with no leave to remain own property in the UK. Your wife working and child attending daycare is irrelevant to your immigration applications.

Does your wife not qualify for a Tier 2 General?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

opti21
Newly Registered

Post by opti21 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes my wife & myself both qualify for T2 General visa with new CoS. I need another 3.5 years of UK residence to apply for ILR in 10 year category. Any advice regarding this please?

Another question regarding curtailment of leave. As the curtailment of leave gives us 60 days of valid visa, can we still work with the current employer (of which sponsorship license has been revoked) or do we need to stop working & we just have time of 60 days to wrap the things up or to find another sponsor?

opti21
Newly Registered

Post by opti21 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
So can I apply for FLR using any of the above excuse. If not what are any other ways to remain in UK (apart from getting a tier 2 general sponsor)
No, not really. Your child is small enough to adapt to another country and also, your child is not British. Many people with no leave to remain own property in the UK. Your wife working and child attending daycare is irrelevant to your immigration applications.

Thanks for the reply. Yes my wife & myself both qualify for T2 General visa with new CoS. I need another 3.5 years of UK residence to apply for ILR in 10 year category. Any advice regarding this please?

Another question regarding curtailment of leave. As the curtailment of leave gives us 60 days of valid visa, can we still work with the current employer (of which sponsorship license has been revoked) or do we need to stop working & we just have time of 60 days to wrap the things up or to find another sponsor?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:00 am

opti21 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

The 60 days notice period for curtailment, I believe is to
1. Allow you search for another job and switch your visa
or
2. Make travel plans to go back home

You can not continue to work for your current sponsor because they are no longer qualified to sponsor a visa (if their license was revoked).
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.