ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA National became BC, now what :?: :!:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aluter

EEA National became BC, now what :?: :!:

Post by aluter » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm

I have been reading on the forum that if sponsor becomes BC then I will no longer be qualified for EEA PR?

The gist is:

I applied for PR October 2016. Husband applied for BC in December. He received letter saying it was successful 11th February 2017. His ceremony is booked for 2nd April 2017.

Our 5 year wedding anniversary was 15th Feb 2017; I had applied for the PR 3.5 months earlier.

I still have not heard anything from Home Office so there is a 50/50 chance I will get the PR if they do not get too picky with the 5 year rule. However, if I do not get it and the other half goes for his ceremony, will I need to re-apply as a BC Spouse Visa?

Or Should I ask other half to push his ceremony back a few months until I get a response?

We did not know that when he becomes a BC, we will loose the EEA Sponsor right :(