ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Country that process schengen visa faster

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coorgi

Country that process schengen visa faster

Post by coorgi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:46 am

Hi there,

I am a British citizen and my wife is Indian citizen living with me in UK. I have some holidays to use up before end of this month and I see most of the schengen zone countries' mentioned processing time is minimum 15 days except for Italy, germany and Poland.

I would like to understand from others experience if any of these countries process visa faster that is with in two weeks? I was planning to do skiing and northern lights trip, may be iceland. Could you guys please suggest which ones I can plan with the short time I have. Many thanks

vinny

Re: Country that process schengen visa faster

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 am

How to apply for a Schengen visa for Iceland in the United Kingdom wrote:In the United Kingdom, Schengen visas are arranged through the Embassy of Denmark. For further information, please contact the Embassy of Denmark in the UK or the Denmark Visa Application Centre (VFS Global).
Family Members of EU/EEA Nationals wrote:Applications from family members of EU nationals are prioritized and processed faster. Please note that some nationals are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries, before a visa can be issued. The consultation takes around 8-10 days. Please see the list of countries.
Where to Apply and Visa Application Form wrote:Family members of EU nationals may also contact the Embassy direct by e-mail: lonamb@um.dk to request an appointment. Please include a daytime contact telephone number. There is, however, some waiting time for an appointment at the Embassy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coorgi

Post by coorgi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 am

Many thanks for your response. I am finding it hard to get appointment for the french embassy in this month. Is there any other way to get a quicker appointment, like a premium service or something? they don't have a number to call and enquire.

Alternatively I have got an appointment for Norway VFS, would that visa just restrict me to travel to Norway but would I be able to travel to other shengen countries?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 am

Norway is an EEA country and is a member of schengen treaty. so yes norwegian visa is a schengen visa.