ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Syjem

Re: Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Post by Syjem » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Syjem wrote:Unfortunately I doubt that the fact it took longer between first and second letters will mean that your processing time from second letter to approval will be more rapid to compensate. I think you are looking at May and the next ceremony after April
You are right, don't think myself to be included in April ceremony so I hope that the next ceremony will not be very far, Hopefully June.

o365

Post by o365 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi All

Good to see the spirit!!!! hopes are high for this week, lets see if we have more approvals
coming along!!!!

best of luck to all

namani
Newly Registered

Post by namani » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:19 pm

HI Guys,

I have applied for naturalisation ( under 5 years stamp 1 and stamp 4) on 09/12/2015 first stage letter was sent to me in March 2016, no response since then, When I queried about my application, they have said, its considered under Irish associations as my Son got Irish passport as he was born here.

I was following this forum, and some one mentioned about letter of remorse for a traffic offence help them move thier file. So I remembered, years ago I was stopped by Garda for a flat tyre and asked to replace it and show it to the nearest Garda station with out any penalty points.

I wrote a letter in Januray 2017, it has actually moved it to next level. They have requested for recent employment letter and a new statutory declaration form signed in front of a solicitor. hopefully will get some positive reply soon.

So Hope this would help others too.

amiamorgan
Newly Registered

NEED ADVICE PLEASE.

Post by amiamorgan » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi all, here is my timeline:

Application Based On: 5 years residence (stamp 4 European family.
Applied On: 21 oct
Application received On: 22nd oct
Acknowledgement and return of passport : 1st November 2016
Second Letter: pendin
Approval: Pending
got a post dated 1/3/17 requesting my Irish kids birthday certificate my marriage certificate and 3proof of address in me and my wife's name.
1. not married to my kids mum.
2. she moved to uk on 3months ago.
And am given 28days to provide what I don't have only have my kids birth certificate.
sent them email last month to notify them I changed address do you think is the reason they asking for all this.
CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH ADVICE PLEASE.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 pm

namani wrote:got a post dated 1/3/17 requesting my Irish kids birthday certificate my marriage certificate and 3proof of address in me and my wife's name.
I believe that they are trying to ensure that your stamp4 EUFAM is still valid since living together (i.e. you and your EU wife) is a requirement for granting such stamp. My concern is that if they discovered that your EU wife is not with you anymore, they could probably revoke your stamp 4 and reject your citizenship application so please be careful and seek for legal advise.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 am

Syjem wrote:
namani wrote:got a post dated 1/3/17 requesting my Irish kids birthday certificate my marriage certificate and 3proof of address in me and my wife's name.
I believe that they are trying to ensure that your stamp4 EUFAM is still valid since living together (i.e. you and your EU wife) is a requirement for granting such stamp. My concern is that if they discovered that your EU wife is not with you anymore, they could probably revoke your stamp 4 and reject your citizenship application so please be careful and seek for legal advise.

I believe Eu spouse have the right to be out of the for up to half a year without you losing your right. According to what a lawyer told me (I split with my eu spouse but she came back after 4 months). Also he have irish kids so the could be a route for him after he meet solliscitor .

Now @amiamorgan if you depended on your spouse .. can you confirm if your EU4FAM stamp is still valid and for how long ? Or did you get permanent residency card ?

o365

Post by o365 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:10 am

Hi Alll

Just some positive thoughts as you all know most of us including myself are desperately waiting for approval to avail 21st April Ceremony
i did quick review of approval dates on different Posts found out its mostly a Thursday when people getting there approval letters.
It could be a wishful thinking but i still have hope for this week :D

Hope to hear something soon!!!! good luck all

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:13 am

o365 wrote:Hi Alll

Just some positive thoughts as you all know most of us including myself are desperately waiting for approval to avail 21st April Ceremony
i did quick review of approval dates on different Posts found out its mostly a Thursday when people getting there approval letters.
It could be a wishful thinking but i still have hope for this week :D

Hope to hear something soon!!!! good luck all
YES! Thursday it will be!!!! Has to be! :mrgreen:

o365

Post by o365 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 am

Ladsss
What a luvly mornin!!!!!!!
I got my approval letter just now!!!
Best of luck to all of ya!!!
Hope to hear the same from all who r still waitin

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:55 am

o365 wrote:Ladsss
congrats!!! and it IS NOT EVEN THURSDAY!!!!! :P

amiamorgan
Newly Registered

Post by amiamorgan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 pm

broli wrote:
Syjem wrote:

I believe Eu spouse have the right to be out of the for up to half a year without you losing your right. According to what a lawyer told me (I split with my eu spouse but she came back after 4 months). Also he have irish kids so the could be a route for him after he meet solliscitor .

Now @amiamorgan if you depended on your spouse .. can you confirm if your EU4FAM stamp is still valid and for how long ? Or did you get permanent residency card ?
yes

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:43 pm

The_Mentiad wrote:
o365 wrote:Ladsss
congrats!!! and it IS NOT EVEN THURSDAY!!!!! :P
I received my approval yesterday as well!
W-hoo!

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:29 am

Congrats to all who got their approvals this week.
I was hoping to get mine as well since my application was submitted on 03/08/2016 but it seems that I am gonna to miss April ceremony. I would really like to know how the CITZ department work, I've submitted all required documents on time and they didn't even ask me to submit any additional documents; I've never left the country for more than 3 weeks during the last five years and I've never been to garda for any minor/major issue; I have Irish son and never got any welfare. why is this delay in processing my application? can anyone describe the working mechanism of the department and what are the main reasons for delaying some applications?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:27 am

I guess no one here can answer your question with completely accuracy unless they work at the Citizenship Division or know their internal processes at first hand. There is no a huge delay on your application, others have been waiting for more than a year. I would recommend to stay patient and hope you get your approval soon, at the end of the day naturalisation is a privilege and not a right.

It looks like your application is moving along since you recently received your Second Stage letter, it shouldn’t take longer now. It says on their website that Invitation letters are sent 4 or 5 weeks before the ceremony is scheduled to occur so maybe there is still a chance you will be in for the Friday 21 April 2017 ceremony.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi Guys,
First of All congrats to all who've got their approvals finally long wait is over and time to celebrate. Specially to some of my firend like J_Karim happy for him.
its been long that i didn't posted any thing in the forum almost i think since i got my Second stage letter in Oct/November.
So my timeline is exact same as J_Karim even we both posted out application same day (we just came to know each other in the forum) and i was active since feb 2016 when my wife applied for her citizenship and got approval in 4 months was in Sep2016 ceremony and i applied in July16
So here is the latest from me:
Since Oct/November when i got my second stage letter there was no progress even i have extended my GNIB (changed from eufam to Irish Spouse as it was easier ) which was going to expire in Jan and i need extended one due to my travel in Dec.
I have updated INIS with my New GNIB and my wife' s new passport copy and Cert of naturalization.
No update till last week of February.
Last communication to them was through email on 22nd where they told me same as before application continue to be process , I have no convictions a very clean record in this country and was wondering what is causing such a delay a very straight forward case
My TD emailed to INIS personally to ask for an update on 27 feb and he got reply day before yesterday from INIS that my application is currently in advance stage and i will be notify in writing soon with ministers decision. Now i don't know since when it was moved to advance stage as i didn't had communication to INIS since 23rd Feb as i know people are getting approval within 2 to 3 weeks when file is in Advance stage.
I was hoping to get approval today but no post :-(
I am still hopeful and faith in the GOD that i will have some chance to be part of this ceremony.
So please request for Prayers for all of us who are waiting for longer :-) i hope next week will have some good news
Best of Luck and keep faith and hope will post my Good news to you all :-)
Regards
SouthSubliner

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:51 pm

CONGRATS iCLOUD!!!
Hopefully we will all be at the Dublin ceremony in April!!

---sorry mods... accidentally posted this in the Timeline thread, and there is no option to delete it after the fact.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi All,
Hope you all had a good sunny weekend and excited about the ceremony coming ahead.
So any one still in Advance stage ?
mine is but since how long i am not sure i just came to know last week and i am afraid to email them :-) finger crossed for approval this week
request for prayers

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi I rang INIS this morning and i was told that my application is in final stage and will be writing to me shortly about 2to3weeks so I was just wondering if I get aprouved around that time is it possible to be including for the April ceremonies?thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:03 pm

celiakara wrote:Hi I rang INIS this morning and i was told that my application is in final stage and will be writing to me shortly about 2to3weeks so I was just wondering if I get aprouved around that time is it possible to be including for the April ceremonies?thanks
Can you share your timeline

celiakara

Post by celiakara » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:32 pm

My timeline is:28/02/2014 applied on basic of 5years residency Request document on 10/09/2015 since my application was prepared to be submitted was on advanced stage August and they said its final now by the way no offense or court .

Maroof
Newly Registered

Post by Maroof » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Syjem wrote:
celiakara wrote:Hi I rang INIS this morning and i was told that my application is in final stage and will be writing to me shortly about 2to3weeks so I was just wondering if I get aprouved around that time is it possible to be including for the April ceremonies?thanks
I got reply that my application is continued to be process on 14th march 2017. Can any body advise how long it takes after getting this response in email? Thanks

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:50 pm

Maroof wrote:
Syjem wrote:
I got reply that my application is continued to be process on 14th march 2017. Can any body advise how long it takes after getting this response in email? Thanks

@Maroof

We may assist you with your query if you please share your timeline on this thread ireland/2017-citizenship-approvals-time ... 22579.html using following format:

Application Based On: 5 Years Residency (Married to E.U Citizen) or Stamp 1 Green Card & Stamp 4 etc.
Application received On:
Acknowledgement:
Second Letter:
‍Advanced Stage
Approval:
Invitation:

Please also mention if you ever been to the court for any reason(s) e.g speeding etc.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Folks,
Do you expect that INIS will release more approvals soon or they will delay them till after the ceremony?
My timeline is
Application received 05-08-2016
second stage:03-02-2017

Regards,

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

To "Syjem
If I were you wouldn't hope much for this ceremony..based on previous cases they stop sending approval a month before the ceremony occur..
How ever saw ur time line not to worry still can write to ur local TD for an update..one of my friends did it but he applied on June 20 last year 2016.
I believe it will push for ur application to move forward..
Don't give up it's gonna happen one way or another..
Hope it helps

Mdsr
Newly Registered

Post by Mdsr » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 am

Application date 19 Feb 2016, Based on 5 year residency, Spouse of EU
First letter 16 March 2016 - further letter 15 April 2016 asked for additional letter.
2nd stage letter on August 2016

I am getting answer that your application continues to be processed, since March 2016.

December 1st they asked me for the up to date GNIB card, which i sent next day.

Jan 18th sent them an email to know my application status, got response that my application is being prepared to be sent o minister, it has not been sent yet.

I got bit excited, at least they saying my application is being prepared to be sent to minister.

8 Feb sent them an email again, to check my application status. They replied your application continues to be processed.

9 Feb rang them, same answer, your application is continue to be processed.

My Local TD emailed them on 27th March and got the following reply:-

This Application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the minister for the decision as expeditiously as possible. In general, it takes approx 6 months for a straightforward application to be processed from the date it is received to the date a decision it made.

However the nature of the naturalization process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases will take longer than others to process. It is a statutory retirement that, Inter alia, applicants for naturalization be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. As a result there will always be a proportion of cases that take longer than the norm to process.