ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return BRP after Citizenship Ceremony within 5 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imnewhere

Re: Return BRP after Citizenship Ceremony within 5 days

Post by imnewhere » Mon May 16, 2016 9:37 am

I would have thought one envelope would be adequate since you are meant to include a cover letter. In your cover letter, explain it is for your self., wife and child.
Again, if you want to spend extra money unnecessarily, you can use three separate envelopes but i would i use just if i was in your position.

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Mon May 16, 2016 11:34 am

imnewhere wrote:I would have thought one envelope would be adequate since you are meant to include a cover letter. In your cover letter, explain it is for your self., wife and child.
Again, if you want to spend extra money unnecessarily, you can use three separate envelopes but i would i use just if i was in your position.
Thanks. I will use one envelope then.

goose77
Newly Registered

Post by goose77 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:14 pm

This is in response to Mrs. P. I am in the same boat regarding needed travel and having done the JCAP. Did you face any issues returning on your other passport (in my case this would be a US passport)?

arpit.tayal

Post by arpit.tayal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:15 am

Hi,

Our situation-

Applied for naturalization- September 2015
Naturalization approved- November 2015
Ceremony- Dec 2015

Do we have to return our BRP cards now? The rule to return the BRP did not exist at that time.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:37 am

arpit.tayal wrote:Hi,

Our situation-

Applied for naturalization- September 2015
Naturalization approved- November 2015
Ceremony- Dec 2015

Do we have to return our BRP cards now? The rule to return the BRP did not exist at that time.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
No, you do not have to. It is void though as it would have been cancelled once you became BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vijayhiitsme
Newly Registered

Post by vijayhiitsme » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Does the British passport get sent automatically through post after receiving the Naturalisation cert ?

Assuming the application for passport and naturalisation were done together.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm

vijayhiitsme wrote:Does the British passport get sent automatically through post after receiving the Naturalisation cert ?

Assuming the application for passport and naturalisation were done together.
Yes - will take a few days after ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

oluddemc
Newly Registered

Post by oluddemc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:53 am

Can someone please help me answer this question?

I had my citizenship approval (via JCAP) and attended ceremony yesterday but I have a job interview tomorrow and I've been asked to bring my passport. I was thinking since my ilr brp is cancelled, can I still use it for the interview since I don't have a British passport yet? Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am

oluddemc wrote:Can someone please help me answer this question?

I had my citizenship approval (via JCAP) and attended ceremony yesterday but I have a job interview tomorrow and I've been asked to bring my passport. I was thinking since my ilr brp is cancelled, can I still use it for the interview since I don't have a British passport yet? Thanks
Take your BRP and your Naturalisation Certificate, this is definite proof you are British and therefore have unrestricted right to work. PP is just more convenient to carry...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

oluddemc
Newly Registered

Post by oluddemc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:46 am

alterhase58 wrote:
oluddemc wrote:Can someone please help me answer this question?

Take your BRP and your Naturalisation Certificate, this is definite proof you are British and therefore have unrestricted right to work. PP is just more convenient to carry...
I thought as much. Thank you

Anamaria24
Newly Registered

Post by Anamaria24 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Hello,

I have a question :
I have received my letter that my application for naturalisation as British citizen has been successful and I am waiting for my ceremony
I've read on HO website that everyone has to send back the biometric residence permit
Well I don't have one , I have permanent residence but not a biometric residence permit
During my AN application I received a letter from HO to go and give my biometrics which I did but I don't hold a permit
What should I do? Should I just send the residence permit?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Anamaria24 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:28 pm
Hello,

I have a question :
I have received my letter that my application for naturalisation as British citizen has been successful and I am waiting for my ceremony
I've read on HO website that everyone has to send back the biometric residence permit
Well I don't have one , I have permanent residence but not a biometric residence permit
During my AN application I received a letter from HO to go and give my biometrics which I did but I don't hold a permit
What should I do? Should I just send the residence permit?

Thank you
You don't have to send anything back. Is your PR the paper/cardboard one or in your passport or an actual card?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anamaria24
Newly Registered

Post by Anamaria24 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 pm

It's the paper/cardboard one that I have
It not in my passport
It's a small blue one with my picture on it

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:57 am

Anamaria24 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 pm
It's the paper/cardboard one that I have
It not in my passport
It's a small blue one with my picture on it
No need to return as it is not a Biometric Residence Permit electronic card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Anamaria24
Newly Registered

Post by Anamaria24 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Thank you

rajaali28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Urgent Return BRP within 5 days for Child

Post by rajaali28 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Dear Sirs,

My situation is as under:-
1-Adult Applicant for Naturalization
2- Minor 7 years old daughter Applicat with mother

My wife and daughter applied Naturalization in May and finger prints in 15 July 2018

Upon my request email to Further Nationality I got email that a decision has been made on 25 July 2018 and you will receive soon letter within 10 working days

First my wife and daytravejrc to Oakistan for medical treat of my daughter Hompsthic ad she is suffering Sever disability and other Heath issue
I understand that for Child no Citizenship ceremony they send direct Citizenship certificate to home address but We have to return Biometric card with 5 working days
I am so worry what to do she traveled 4 treatment and she has to stay there about 4 weeks

Shall I ask them to come back or email to Citizenship support team and request that we will return Biometric card upon arrival ( without b 4 weeks)

Can someone guide please
I am not worry for wife as she has to attend the ceremony then return Biometric card

Kind Regards
Raja

albert_rajan
Newly Registered

Post by albert_rajan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi, I attended my citizenship ceremony on 17/09. Just realized that I got an out of country holiday booked for the weekend.
Can I enter back to UK on BRP/Citizenship certificate? I don't think British Passport will arrive before my travel.
Please can someone advise?

CSCorrea
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CSCorrea » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:36 am

Hello,

My family and I took our Oath as British Citizens on September 24 of this year. Within the same day I cut our BRP in half and posted (Special delivery with signature) our BPR to UKVI, Department 201, The Capital building Liverpool, L3 9PP. Then I realized it was supposed to be sent to POL Returns, P.O. Box 195, Bristol BS20 1BT. I checked the tracking number it was received the following day. Sept 25, 2018.

What should I do? I didnt get to write a note that we already took our oath as British citizens. Will this affect us from getting our passports? Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:26 pm

CSCorrea wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:36 am
Hello,

My family and I took our Oath as British Citizens on September 24 of this year. Within the same day I cut our BRP in half and posted (Special delivery with signature) our BPR to UKVI, Department 201, The Capital building Liverpool, L3 9PP. Then I realized it was supposed to be sent to POL Returns, P.O. Box 195, Bristol BS20 1BT. I checked the tracking number it was received the following day. Sept 25, 2018.

What should I do? I didnt get to write a note that we already took our oath as British citizens. Will this affect us from getting our passports? Thank you
Perhaps just go ahead and apply for the passports, you only need the certificates plus un-cancelled passports. Write to HO explaining the situation, give reference numbers and copies of the card(s). Never heard of such a case.