ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ccj and naturalisation application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jkaso585
Newly Registered

ccj and naturalisation application.

Post by Jkaso585 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello, I have a quick query, i will be eligible to apply my British neutralization and passport in next year sometimes in July after i got my settlement ILR, recently, i got involved in a car accident, minor collision in a junction with another car, no injuries, now because of the dispute of liabilities, it might be escalated and go to court (CCJs), I'm a bit worry about this of how this could affect my application if the court decided to put liability on me in case the other part is clever enough to convince the judge of their story, bearing in mind no police report was taken, no witnesses just 1 to 1. so i have no help!

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Re: ccj and naturalisation application.

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Just because a case is going to court doesn't mean you have a CCJ. If the court rules against you and you don't pay - then only a CCJ can be registered against you. You have nothing to worry

Jkaso585
Newly Registered

Post by Jkaso585 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks very much for your reply. a quick update. The 3rd party now alleged that i drive without due care and attention. i got an NIP from the traffic offence team, Tames valley police. I now fighting the case and returned the form they sent me along with an explanation of what happened! but would like to know the implications if a worst case scenario it went to the court! from research, there are a number of options the police can decide, either one of the following, not to proceed which will be good, offer a course but accepting to take it is admitting a guilt !! or endorse 3-9 points on my DL !! or summons and go to the court! things is getting complicated. what shall i do please?

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:28 pm

ibrahim_elwi wrote:Thanks very much for your reply. a quick update. The 3rd party now alleged that i drive without due care and attention. i got an NIP from the traffic offence team, Tames valley police. I now fighting the case and returned the form they sent me along with an explanation of what happened! but would like to know the implications if a worst case scenario it went to the court! from research, there are a number of options the police can decide, either one of the following, not to proceed which will be good, offer a course but accepting to take it is admitting a guilt !! or endorse 3-9 points on my DL !! or summons and go to the court! things is getting complicated. what shall i do please?
Well all I would suggest is try to settle the matter out side Court. If it is not in your hands,Wait for the last verict. But please remember to mention what ever happens in the application without lying. Else, There are chances HO can reject the application on deception.

Jkaso585
Newly Registered

Post by Jkaso585 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Just an update of my case, it's still running, my insurance offered 50-50 and the 3rd party rejected it. i think its more likely to end up at the Civil low court to decide. My insurance shall defend the 50-5- case. On the other side regarding the police allegation of careless driving, I defended the case and send a reply to the police and they notified me that after careful consideration they have decided not to proceed. So half of the dilemma is now sorted. It seems this case will take long time to settle! my question is, when i put my application for the British passport, shall i mention it anywhere? considering there are two scenarios one if it went to the court before i apply, the other if it didn't go at that time! I emphasis my understanding that whatever the court decision shall not by anyway affect my application as a good character and needn't to be mentioned. Thanks in advance for your help and support regarding this matter.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Reading through your description, to my mind, there's nothing to disclose.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jkaso585
Newly Registered

Post by Jkaso585 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Thanks very much for your prompt response! I will keep you updated